Question about the HDMI module

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I have two dead modules, one came with the drone and the other is its replacement.
Regarding the first module, the main ribbon cable connector socket on the inner board, call it "bd-A", was physically damaged. I do not know if there is anything else wrong with it and I do not know if the damage to the socket is sufficient to stop the module working. This controller had external antennae fitted and had been reassembled by a someone who drastically over tightend screws, as mentioned elsewhere.
The 2nd simply did not work. I tried it on a couple of controllers including one that has a working HDMI module, no joy.

Questions,
1) since there are two separate boards in the module is it possible to swap the boards about between, intitially the two dead modules, and then perhaps with the good one to see if I can identify which boards are faulty?
2) Can the bd_A be used on its own i.e. with out the board that houses the HDMI socket (bd-B) being plugged into it? There appears to be very little on bd-A with most of the wizardry being on bd-B. In this sense it appears much like the USB Bd from a GL300C.
3) Does anyone know if bd-B can be flashed in the same way as the 'Da VInci' carrying USB board of the GL300A?
4) Having just typed 3), it has brought to mind an advert I saw which mentioned that the 'Da VInci' carrying USB board of the GL300A can 'die' if it is stored for a long time, is this true or Poppycock? If true is it possible that the same thing can happen to bd-Bi?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190923_204959 p.jpg
    20190923_204959 p.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 290
1) since there are two separate boards in the module is it possible to swap the boards about between, intitially the two dead modules, and then perhaps with the good one to see if I can identify which boards are faulty?

If the boards are identical, it will work. If they're different - hard to tell whether the pinout matches. That's internal interface after all. But it likely does.

2) Can the bd_A be used on its own i.e. with out the board that houses the HDMI socket (bd-B) being plugged into it?

Even the most hipster engineer will still make such boards able to work alone, in the sense that unplugging will not damage anything. Otherwise, the prototypes would burn often. It doesn't mean that USB out will work though.

There appears to be very little on bd-A with most of the wizardry being on bd-B. In this sense it appears much like the USB Bd from a GL300C.

Yes, but it's compatible with all GL300 RCs, not only b/c.

3) Does anyone know if bd-B can be flashed in the same way as the 'Da VInci' carrying USB board of the GL300A?

It is the same circuit. Only difference is that GL300a has no paths connected to HDMI out in BGA.

4) Having just typed 3), it has brought to mind an advert I saw which mentioned that the 'Da VInci' carrying USB board of the GL300A can 'die' if it is stored for a long time, is this true or Poppycock?

I just learned a new word. Sound like something I could use often.

For DaVinci - just check whether it boots.
Fixing flash programming in DM365 chip within GL300 remote controller

Last edited:
Ta Quaddamage I have been going through that link for several days now, getting the guts up to contemplate it, lol, that's actually where the idea of flashing bd_B came from.

Update, both bd_A's work on their own, neither hd_B work, in any combination.

One thing I did notice is that the clearances between the external output/input terminals and their respective holes in the shell/cover are VERY tight. In fact with one of them the "shell" does not fit correctly and this seems to put a strain on the inter board connector, I scraped/pared the tightest hole and it significantly easier to connect the boards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1