Twitch and Youtube live streaming, do I need LTE tablet?

Reaction score
Hi
Can I use hotspot, if I want broadcast live video (Twich, Youtube live stream..), or must it be LTE tablet?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Streaming over WIFI would likely work even better than LTE, as the bandwidth is typically better. So you should be fine with a WIFI only tablet as long as you're flying somewhere with WIFI. Personally I ordered a WIFI only Nexus 7 (2013) to stream using my home wifi.

I am planing to use my cellphone 4G mobile data connection, sharing it to my tablet...

I am planing to use my cellphone 4G mobile data connection, sharing it to my tablet...

Do you have any idea how much data you will be using with that method? You can simulate it without it being with the quad to get an idea. I have a feeling it may be a lot. I think my best and only option would be to do it like davemex described using the same device.

Yeah, roughly speaking:
2.5 mbps for 720p is 0.3 MB / s or 18 MB / min or 1080 MB / hr
I'd imagine (hope) there will be a video quality setting for streaming. I don't plan to use it much, if at all, but would be nice to dumb it down a bit to spare the overage fees :)

In Finland we have unlimited 4G mobile data, with maximum speed...

Is that available from all tower access points, or mostly in major cities?

My operator has very good coverage in major cities and dense populated areas, at least 3G.

Do you have any idea how much data you will be using with that method? You can simulate it without it being with the quad to get an idea. I have a feeling it may be a lot. I think my best and only option would be to do it like davemex described using the same device.
You saying you don't have Tmobile? [emoji1]

Will your phone hot spot connect via wifi to the tablet, or only via BT while connected to LTE? My iPhone 6+ will connect via wifi to the iPad while getting wifi from my router, but when no local wifi is available (phone wifi turned off) and the iphone is on LTE then it will only connect to the tablet via BT, and I don't know if that connection is fast enough to live stream.

Will your phone hot spot connect via wifi to the tablet, or only via BT while connected to LTE? My iPhone 6+ will connect via wifi to the iPad while getting wifi from my router, but when no local wifi is available (phone wifi turned off) and the iphone is on LTE then it will only connect to the tablet via BT, and I don't know if that connection is fast enough to live stream.
That doesn't make sense. If your phone has an LTE connection and set up as a hotspot, it will be a WiFi host, and the device you use to connect to the hotspot will join the WiFi network. I don't see where BT enters the equation. Maybe I'm out of the apple game for too long but if that's truly the case I'm glad I ditched apple years ago. But I'd be shocked if a BT connection were established by default when the host device had an LTE connection and was set as a hotspot.
In short, no, BT can't handle the data stream.

That doesn't make sense. If your phone has an LTE connection and set up as a hotspot, it will be a WiFi host, and the device you use to connect to the hotspot will join the WiFi network. I don't see where BT enters the equation. Maybe I'm out of the apple game for too long but if that's truly the case I'm glad I ditched apple years ago. But I'd be shocked if a BT connection were established by default when the host device had an LTE connection and was set as a hotspot.
In short, no, BT can't handle the data stream.
DUH!!! I see where I screwed the pooch, by turning off wifi trying to force a LTE connection it was not available for a wifi connection. If I turn it on at home it connects automatically to my home wifi, and not LTE. I had to tell the phone to forget the home wifi, leave it on, then turn on hotspot to force it to use LTE. I am sure when I am out away from any wifi coverage it will connect correctly. I get so used to all of my data equipment connecting seamlessly I sometimes forget how it all connects.

Reactions: bbfpv
I'm not sure that even makes sense. If your iPhone is connected to your router why would you want another device to connect to your iPhone and use the iPhone as the go between? You'd just connect the device to your router.

A hotspot allows a wifi connection to it and is also connected to cell data service. It then simply acts as a relay. That is what a hotspot is.

I'm not sure that even makes sense. If your iPhone is connected to your router why would you want another device to connect to your iPhone and use the iPhone as the go between? You'd just connect the device to your router.

A hotspot allows a wifi connection to it and is also connected to cell data service. It then simply acts as a relay. That is what a hotspot is.
You are late to the party, read previous post please.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic