Turning off vps?

Again, incorrect.

He asked if it affected the landing in any way (Does turning VPS off affect landing (outside with good GPS) in any way?). The answer is clearly yes - VPS does affect landing in one way or another. So turning off VPS will indeed change the affects, yes?
You win, sir. Well, played :D

Reactions: Oso
I keep it off always.
It's really designed for indoor flight, however the terrain/surface must be such that the VPS can read it. I consider it mostly a gimmick in everyday use.
Keep it off.

To be fair.. you said it makes no difference.
And it does make a difference on or off. So..............................
To be fair, I also said you won. I can see where this is heading...

I'm gonna try the same 3 mile round trip waypoint mission with it on and off and see if the battery percentage is any different at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok just tested it out today. Didn't really notice a battery difference but what I did notice in a big way was the stability hovering around and especially when a gust of wind would come by. In gps only it would float around more and once I locked in vps it was rock solid. Yes the landing is a little bit bouncy but I've got used to that. I will take the trade off having more stable hovering....

I would love for that system to be tied to a hardware switch...bit cumbersome to enable/disable through the menus. I pretty much only have it on for indoor or ground-hugging flight, as a result. Too high for it most of the time anyway.

EDIT: Actually if anyone at DJI is reading, making this an option for C1/C2 buttons would be real useful

If you land using auto-land or RTH right to the ground, the VPS will land gently all by itself. If you land manually, the VPS will slow it down just as it nears the ground, making it appear to bounce up a bit. I always leave it on. It has no effect over 10 feet anyway.

I noticed no difference in autoland or RTH as far as the bounce is concerned. Still smoother with it off. I was flying around at about 15ft and hovering with a light wind and it was way better with it on...

Reactions: Kima kim
I noticed no difference in autoland or RTH as far as the bounce is concerned. Still smoother with it off. I was flying around at about 15ft and hovering with a light wind and it was way better with it on...

I agree..always more stable for me with VPS on in air. . I too notice the bounce upon landing so I stopped landing..Been Hand catching for months now.

Yes it does. VPS will make for a rough/bouncy landing.

Incorrect - see above.

I agree. My father has the P3P and I the P3A.

Just flying on my own I noticed that VPS caused my landing to be jumpy/bouncy. I did not like this. I turned VPS off (didn't know I could until I found it trying to find another option) and instantly noticed after that flight that my landing was far more smooth and easy going. I have to say.. the bird was a bit of a flirt at this point in time.

So I took notice in this and went on my way with my new few flights. Then when met up with my father a few days or weeks later I noticed his landing vs my landing (VPS on his, off on mine). The difference is night and day!

I'm personally not a fan of VPS. I don't think the system really works. I tried using it in the Redwood forest in CA and just following the road (paved/maintained) it did not do a very good job. I couldn't get a GPS signal and the **** bird was just all over the place as if it had a six pack of beer after doing some body shots off some hot unicorns.

Where or how can we 'turn-off' the VPS in the P3-A?

Ok just tested it out today. Didn't really notice a battery difference but what I did notice in a big way was the stability hovering around and especially when a gust of wind would come by. In gps only it would float around more and once I locked in vps it was rock solid. Yes the landing is a little bit bouncy but I've got used to that. I will take the trade off having more stable hovering....

A nice observation! This would then be one good reason to keep it 'ON' most, if not at all times. Btw, where in the Menu can we find the 'Turn-On/Turn-Off' function?

Where or how can we 'turn-off' the VPS in the P3-A?

DJI-GO-Vision-Positioning.png

Turn it off. Your dogs will love you for it.

Yes, I noticed some dogs (small breeds) go crazy when I fly my P3A, but it never seemed to cause any disturbance with my German Shepherd Dog. Probably he got used to it already? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94