P3 Firmware Trying to unzip the bin file for p3p firmware update but it just keeps opening as zipped cpgz

Reaction score
well i say one thing for p3s its easier to update!

Im now the proud owner of a p3p and have managed to update the controller through the dpi go app but of course the quad needs something I've never knowingly need before in my life called a bin file.

found it downloaded it
cleared sd card (erased everything including dcim hope it still works for pics?) but when i try to unzip it just rezips in czgm form .
Like thats's all I need
googled

now trying to use "terminal" to unzip but that screen won't open as it shows on a youtube clip it has my name and some date that won't delete.

so that doesnt work

bit lost really and losing the will to live 3 hrs in its a nice day and I'm spending hrs having a lesson in computer software that i didn't want

Help please

Unzipping a .zip file which results in a .cpgz file is usually the result of a corrupted .zip file. This can happen if a browser stops a .zip download before it has closed the file. Delete the .zip file and download a fresh version. If that still does not work, try a different browser, or a different computer for the download and unzipping, format your SD card and load only the resulting .bin file on the card.

Thanks for that

This is what I did
I used a different card half full of pictures

Didn't format it

Didn't unzip the bin file

Just dragged it on to it

Put in p3p

Listened to the changing tones as it did its update.

Removed card and placed back in computer and checked it had success file

Deleted bib and success file

Went flying took pictures [emoji106][emoji2]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie