P3P Firmware update won't finish…just beeps n green led flashes

Reaction score
Hi all,

If anyone can help or have any info will be greatly appreciate …Trying to update my firmware to 1.11 but now just to update to any firmware that works. My P3P just beeps when i turn it on. I am not getting any text file that its success, fail, abort or anything. I used a Macbook to format in FAT format. Once it finish because battery dies or i stop it after an hours or so i check sd card and i see this:
CalibrationData.bin
DCIM
P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
UserSetting.bin

I don't see anyone with similar problem on google, youtube, DJI forum,..so i am at a stop.
Please help..

Looks like the Ambarella chip is in invalid state. Maybe its firmware update failed?
Ambarella is managing the whole process of firmware update, so without it working, you won't do much.
But the chip itself seem to be working, as you're seeing the additional files created.

Try re-update by turning on the drone with sd-card containing firmware and with link button pressed during the boot.
If won't work - try re-update with the debug enable file... I can't remember the name, search the forum - something like P3X_FW_DEBUG?

If that won't work as well - your best bet is to contact the Github guys asking under which conditions the files you see are created:
Issues · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub
But - talk to them only if you have basic technical expertise, they get irritated easily.

Otherwise - contact support, or replace the camera top board yourself.

Great thanks so much.
I will try that. I also try switching out the gimbal control (part where sd card goes in) and same result. I got spare but could be questionable (appearance look normal but electronically iffy) parts for gimbal, camera, pretty much 2 whole p3p drone.

Where is that Ambarella chip located? Maybe I could switch out with another one?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl