Try to fix my 3rd party gimbal or get a Zenmuse?

Reaction score
I purchased a gimble. It is a gadget salon model. The 2d stabilization worked fine but the tilt mechanism never worked well for me and would shudder at the max and minimum tilt settings. I tried setting parameter limits in the Naza software but never got it working right and i could only tilt about 20 degrees or so before the gimbal would stutter. So I tried upgrading the firmware for the gimble but I must have broke something because now when I Power on the phantom the gimble shakes violently. I am trying to get that gimble working but am not having luck restoring the settings using SimpleGBC. I tried 'Restoring the Defaults" and also loading the gopro profile. No joy.

So I am thinking of getting a Zenmuse (wish I did to start with). My question is will the Zenmuse work with Gopro 3+ (not a Gopro3)?

I have a Phantom 1.2. Do i also need to order the PMU V2 module ?

Can I use the auxiliary power wire (that I was using to power the Gadgetsalon gimble) instead of soldering the Zenmuse wires to the board's power connections like the video instructs? (If I don't have to solder I would rather not!)

And also, any advice on getting the old gadget gimbal to work so i don't just throw it out?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl