Trusting FPV for the first time

i have the same feelings sometimes... its just a lack of confidence. like with anything is eased over time with PRACTICE...
take those small steps and ease into it comfortably. Don't be one of these cocky a$$holes that crashes it because of over confidence.
take her back down to the park and work on different maneuvers. set up hypothetical situations to practice.
i find the best way to disconnect from the "reality" of the craft is to pretend like its a video game.
try and relax and enjoy it :shock:

I guess I'm one of those cocky a$$holes Kelso is referring too(if the shoe fits!). Although I think my experience crashing into a tree has taught me more in one instant than some comments would. I'm just glad I didn't hurt someone or cost me more money.
This was a great post as I'm expecting my FPV hardware arriving soon. I was assuming that being able to see the point of view of the camera would help the nerves tremendously. It didn't even occur to me that not being able to eye ball it from where I was standing would be disconcerting.

kenny0008 said:
ladykate said:
Always remember, if you lose orientation (very bright day and crappy monitor) then you can always bring it back home with failsafe.

Yep. Although you still have to be careful with failsafe. Failsafe doesn't care if there is something between you and the aircraft. It's happy to fly right into it. I always think through the use of failsafe; I want to make sure I understand exactly what I'm getting when I hand over control to the NAZA, even knowing I can get control back if I need to.

While I'm certain there can be exceptions, if your Phantom is behind something that it will hit if it flies home, you are not LOS anymore. From a practical standpoint, that should include wires, poles, buildings, and just about anything else. I would also pause and think before using it (and I really don't like using Failsafe - more of a last resort) but I would kick myself if I couldn't use it. I would feel I made two mistakes - I let it get behind something that I shouldn't have, and I lost orientation.

thrasher9 said:
I guess I'm one of those cocky a$$holes Kelso is referring too(if the shoe fits!). Although I think my experience crashing into a tree has taught me more in one instant than some comments would. I'm just glad I didn't hurt someone or cost me more money.

I obliterated a P2 with full gear - hit a tree at full throttle. Looked like a confetti storm. FPV was running but I wasn't using it because the aircraft was close by. The bigger parts arced over and hit a paved road (just to be sure it was toast). Nothing like experience... expensive experience in that case.

ladykate said:
thrasher9 said:

I obliterated a P2 with full gear - hit a tree at full throttle. Looked like a confetti storm. FPV was running but I wasn't using it because the aircraft was close by. The bigger parts arced over and hit a paved road (just to be sure it was toast). Nothing like experience... expensive experience in that case.

Wow. And ouch!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers