Tripod vs. Cine

M

Melvoid

So, in reading and taking a course with the Pilot Institute, I've been aware that there was a Tripod mode on the earlier Mavic Air 2 controllers that has been replaced with the Cine mode (which is on mine). Supposedly, Cine has a top speed of about 5m/sec where Tripod had a top speed of 1m/sec., which made it popular for landscapes and such. Now I hear that lots of people want the Tripod mode back and that DJI is planning on somehow adding it, creating an adjustable or settable Cine mode, via a firmware update. But that's all I've heard.

Anybody know any more than that? i.e.,
  1. Is it true?
  2. When will it happen?
  3. etc?
thanks

So, in reading and taking a course with the Pilot Institute, I've been aware that there was a Tripod mode on the earlier Mavic Air 2 controllers that has been replaced with the Cine mode (which is on mine). Supposedly, Cine has a top speed of about 5m/sec where Tripod had a top speed of 1m/sec., which made it popular for landscapes and such. Now I hear that lots of people want the Tripod mode back and that DJI is planning on somehow adding it, creating an adjustable or settable Cine mode, via a firmware update. But that's all I've heard.

Anybody know any more than that? i.e.,
  1. Is it true?
  2. When will it happen?
  3. etc?
thanks
DJI has recently added fine control over the Cine mode on the Mavic 3 that allows the user to slow it to Tripod mode speeds. I would be surprised if the same settings were offered on the Air 2 / Air 2S but it could happen.

The added control over the Mavic 3 in settings is a huge step forward for the aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20