Tried to update transmitter software and now it is dead

Reaction score
I had not flown my Phantom 2 in a while and decided to update all of the firmware. When I connected my transmitter (model DJ6) and started the update, the LED on the transmitter went out and I got a message that the update had failed. Now the transmitter is still dead.

Has anyone seen this???

It has been happening a lot lately, just reconnect, and reinstall firmware!
Your update got corrupted somehow, try again, should be ok!

J Dot

Keep us informed!

It has been happening a lot lately, just reconnect, and reinstall firmware!
Your update got corrupted somehow, try again, should be ok!

J Dot

Keep us informed!
The transmitter seems to be dead, I have taken the batteries out and no power LED, also when I start the RC Phantom, it doesn't recognize it.

Did you hook to RC assistant, and reinstall firmware? The same thing happened to a couple pilots here, turn button on, and nothing, no lights, no beep beep, ect! They plugged into RC assistant reinstalled, and beep beep, lights on, also make sure batteries installed correctly, might want to open it, to make sure nothing came loose!

Keep us updated!

J Dot

Did you hook to RC assistant, and reinstall firmware? The same thing happened to a couple pilots here, turn button on, and nothing, no lights, no beep beep, ect! They plugged into RC assistant reinstalled, and beep beep, lights on, also make sure batteries installed correctly, might want to open it, to make sure nothing came loose!

Keep us updated!

J Dot
I changed the batteries and nothing happened, then I notice I had one of them in backwards. I fixed that, started RC assistant, plugged it in and bingo it connected, updated and seems to be working normally.

Thanks for your help!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj