Transmitter and Video are both on 2.4 ghz ???

It's possible, it just means your bird will not know whether to listen to you or the camera... :p
If DJI didn't figure a "work around" you always have the warranty.

Welcome to the ForUm dbundi. :)

Don't worry, folks smarter than me will reply. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Well, you're not alone... I did it too.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I have always heard that was not possible. Am I missing something?

The light bridge system works entirely different than a classic Rc system. All the info control input (ppm), video and telemetry data is encoded into digital data and transmitted between the controller and the phantom 3. The video is then decoded out of the data stream and assembled by the device you use to display the video (tablet, smartphone).

So we're not talking about several radios broadcasting video, controll or telemetry on the same frequency band, instead one radio broadcasts everything packaged together. That's why it is possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

the digital data described above rides on the 2.4 Ghz carrier wave

The light bridge system works entirely different than a classic Rc system. All the info control input (ppm), video and telemetry data is encoded into digital data and transmitted between the controller and the phantom 3. The video is then decoded out of the data stream and assembled by the device you use to display the video (tablet, smartphone).

So we're not talking about several radios broadcasting video, controll or telemetry on the same frequency band, instead one radio broadcasts everything packaged together. That's why it is possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hard to say how they are doing until we learn more but fundamentally the spread-spectrum system allows multiple systems to operated simultaneously without interference i.e. dozens of Phantoms can fly together. So it's not realy anything special.

Cool, I didn't realize Lightbridge was controlling everything like that. Now we just need a real world range test. I never trust the specs on these transmitters (2km)...could have been done in the middle of the desert

Cool, I didn't realize Lightbridge was controlling everything like that. Now we just need a real world range test. I never trust the specs on these transmitters (2km)...could have been done in the middle of the desert
2km range is true, there is already a video of the Phantom 3.

Yea, but I watched the Phantom 3 launch video and it looked like it was cutting in and out when they were in Los Angeles. Could have been Sat uplink causing issues, but we will know more when they ship and more folks get their hands on them. Either way, I'm probably in :):)

Yea, but I watched the Phantom 3 launch video and it looked like it was cutting in and out when they were in Los Angeles. Could have been Sat uplink causing issues, but we will know more when they ship and more folks get their hands on them. Either way, I'm probably in :):)

I think it's crazy that so much is being paid to this freezing.

It shows little imagination as to what it takes to pull off live video from a toy.

Reactions: dirtybum
I have always heard that was not possible. Am I missing something?
Possible? Sure. A good idea with independent radio systems - Usually not (although it's been fine for me so far if reducing downlink video to 240p on the P2...)

The issue is that if your wifi system is unaware of when the RC transmitter is transmitting or vice versa, the RC transmitter can "step on" the wifi signal and the wifi signal can "step on" the RC signal. (Although RC signals tend to be pretty robust due to being narrowband, while wifi signals have the energy spead across a pretty wide spectrum).

Lightbridge multiplexes control and video into a single RF link, so that control and video won't interfere with each other. Not sure if it's a TDMA approach (wifi-like) or FDMA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers