transferring a registration from one drone to another

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer your part 107 drone registration from one drone to another? I call the FAA Registration and they told me you can reserve a number, but I don't think they understood what I am trying to do. I sold my P4 standard and bought a P4P, but would like to just change the serial number associated with my registration number so I don't need to go and change it on my insurance policy, and other documents. I see there is a "clone" selection when clicking the 3 dots when in the manage sUAS inventory in the FAA Dronezone web site. Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any help.

If you got the FAA # (via the website portal) you would go to the Online Portal and cancel YOUR registration and then the new owner is responsible for Re-Registering the aircraft. FAADroneZone

If you used an N# (paper route) you'll have to call the FSDO and ask for the forms to transfer an N# registration of an aircraft.

I understand how to cancel it, but what I would like to do is keep the same registration number and just switch the serial number to my new P4P. Is that possible?

I understand how to cancel it, but what I would like to do is keep the same registration number and just switch the serial number to my new P4P. Is that possible?

I'm pretty sure that's a NEGATIVE. They don't have a process to "Edit" your inventory like that. Your options are:

• Clone
  • Details (no edit)
  • Cancel
  • Resend
That's pretty much it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member