Don't forget to renew your 107 aircraft registration

Reaction score
While transferring some paper documents from one pocket to the other in my HiGlow Safety Vest I was checking that there wasn't extra / old stuff I didn't need. One of the documents was my FAA sUAS registration of P3 that I used for Part 107 flights.

Looking at that registration I see that it's good for three years and will expire in 5 days so I hopped over to the FAADroneZone and renewed it. Then I searched my email and didn't find any renewal reminder from the FAA.

So this is a heads up - check that you're not flying with an expired aircraft registration.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO and BigAl07
IIRC you should have gotten some type of reminder about 6 months prior to the expiration date. I think I saw this recently in an email....

I have this in an old email (March 202) from FAA Registration:

When Will I Need to Renew My Registration?

• The FAA will send out a registration renewal email notification 180 days prior to your registration expiration date.

Yours could have been omitted or it went to JUNK mail that has since been cleared out.

It's always good to see a reminder posted online Just In Case :)

Reactions: Capt KO
While transferring some paper documents from one pocket to the other in my HiGlow Safety Vest I was checking that there wasn't extra / old stuff I didn't need. One of the documents was my FAA sUAS registration of P3 that I used for Part 107 flights.

Looking at that registration I see that it's good for three years and will expire in 5 days so I hopped over to the FAADroneZone and renewed it. Then I searched my email and didn't find any renewal reminder from the FAA.

So this is a heads up - check that you're not flying with an expired aircraft registration.
Where can I Log In to see my registered aircraft? I think my 2- P3P's have expired- only use them for backup, but I want to keep them legal.
I went to the DroneZone page & only see new registration forms, no way to see my "account".

Nevermind. Found it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj