Train wreck

Buk

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the quadcopter flying above the train wreck? Was videoed from above by news helicopter.

My hope it was being used to save lives and either it was in use by an authority or someone with permission from authorities.

Haven't seen it. Might be some news crew or maybe the railroad too as I recall them being involved with the sUAV along with the FAA for whatever reason. I believe BNSF railroad has a drone fleet and that was their rails.

I asked someone with the local TV station about their news drones and I suspect they do not have a commercial sUAV license nor will they apply for flying waivers for wherever due to expediency of the news. I know at times they are within the 5 mile radius of a couple of airports, and sometimes for their car lot TV sales aerial ads too. No doubt they show up in their trucks, fly whatever they need, and law enforcement lets the fly based on some "Freedom of the press" thing.

That UAS was operating in an official capacity providing support for the local Incident Command on scene. Well I can't say that exact one was but there has been one on-scene giving aerial support to IC.

Haven't seen it. Might be some news crew or maybe the railroad too as I recall them being involved with the sUAV along with the FAA for whatever reason. I believe BNSF railroad has a drone fleet and that was their rails.

I asked someone with the local TV station about their news drones and I suspect they do not have a commercial sUAV license nor will they apply for flying waivers for wherever due to expediency of the news. I know at times they are within the 5 mile radius of a couple of airports, and sometimes for their car lot TV sales aerial ads too. No doubt they show up in their trucks, fly whatever they need, and law enforcement lets the fly based on some "Freedom of the press" thing.

While it's possible the local TV Station is "Rogue" and doesn't have the proper credentials I seriously doubt it. With them being such high visibility and the fact they are expected to work with local LEA it wouldn't be very smart now that Part 107 is so easy and cheap to acquire.

Reactions: sar104

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl