Tradecraft custom p2v case

Reaction score
Just got an email first thing this morning that tradecraft is taking pre orders for their new phantom 2 vision specific case.

Information can be found here http://www.tradecraftcases.com/shop/tou ... -2-vision/
Looks decent and has room for 4 batteries, plus one in the vision for a total of 5. Also accepts the tx with the range extender and phone mount on it. Has room for the charger and all the other goodies that come with the p2v. More expensive than allot of the pluck and pull foam cases but the is the first ready made case I've seen.

Here are a few pictures from their site.
Shipping around December 9th according to their site.

y6u3esem.jpg

u7y3emym.jpg

je8uqyve.jpg

aby7u6uz.jpg

Re: Tradecraft custom p2v case

This is just a little bit too big to be an airline carry on, and it looks like it could be a bit smaller if they tried.

I agree that the price is higher than it should be for an off brand plastic case, however I do not personally like the pluck and pull foam. I've never had much luck with the pluck and pull foam lasting very long,especially for the more intricate areas....just pulls apart.

So I do like this laser cut solid foam in the case, and from pervious use last allot longer and stays together better.
If I could buy this foam insert I would put it into a pelican or similar case.

Just wanted to share what options are out there.

redrick said:
I agree that the price is higher than it should be for an off brand plastic case, however I do not personally like the pluck and pull foam. I've never had much luck with the pluck and pull foam lasting very long,especially for the more intricate areas....just pulls apart.

So I do like this laser cut solid foam in the case, and from pervious use last allot longer and stays together better.
If I could buy this foam insert I would put it into a pelican or similar case.

Just wanted to share what options are out there.

Good constructive helpful input thanks. Refreshing and insightful.

James

I just preordered this case a couple of days ago. After spending $1200 for the Vision and another $320 for batteries, a couple hundred bucks more to protect it all isn't to bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Gazer said:
I just preordered this case a couple of days ago. After spending $1200 for the Vision and another $320 for batteries, a couple hundred bucks more to protect it all isn't to bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thumbs up. I agree.

myvrodrocks said:
I just suggested a group buy... :geek:

Id jump on it if it was in in the 150.00 neighborhood for a group buy. You should get people to rally.

James

Thanks for posting this, still waiting to see what Go professional cases puts out. I know they are working on one for the vision.

Chuggie said:
This is just a little bit too big to be an airline carry on, and it looks like it could be a bit smaller if they tried.

After looking at the carry on specs for Southwest Airlines, it looks like this case fits the allowed dimensions exactly, so should be okay in the U.S., unless other airlines are more stringent.

Sorry guys. No dice on a group buy. They said there is no margin. :( It was worth a try...

I ordered one last night (24th) and have shipping tracking already this morning!
Looking forward to seeing the quality of this unit!

benoitm said:
You have a link for the $35 case?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think this is where guys are getting the $35 case. This is the one most guys were getting on another case post.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2 ... C99C54F659

There is a slightly smaller one too. I think THAT one is closer to 35 but I haven't seen it. The only two on there that look like they would work are both out of stock till late January.

James

FYI, my tradecraft vision case was just shipped now. Seems preorders are going out.

Geert said:
Hi Guys,

My case arrived yesterday. I bought it online by helipal.
http://www.helipal.com/carrying-case-for-dji-phantom-big.html
I am very happy with it. :)
The size is just perfect, can take it with me as carry-on baggage in the aircraft 53 x 45 x 21 cm

It was also pre-shaped for Phantom Vision.

Congrats Geert. Now your Phantom is well protected on your way to nice photo/ film locations.
I also have good experience with Helipal. Best experience that i had is cut the leaves from the tree in the garden with a Rc helicopter from helipal :lol: But that is another story and happy to have a phantom now and it is good to protect it with a nice case like yours.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4