Trackimo, is it terrible or am I doing it wrong.

Reaction score
Just bought it a week ago and finally got around to setting it up, it does find my location and I think I'm powering it on, I hold the power, see a red light then a green light flashes, assuming this is on.

went and flew around, while the website was open and logged in I had it track every 1 minute, flew for about 20 minutes, went back in and nothing, lol. Only 1 track from basically when I took off.

I am only going to use it if I lose the drone, so as long as it tracks its location once I'm ok, but shouldn't this have showed me a whole track of lines every minute? isn't that the process? or what did I do wrong?

Thanks

I don't use the system, but I found this instructional video which may help explain the lights and things you need to understand...
Hope this help you out. ;-)

RedHotPoker

yea thats the thing, I saw that video, he holds his button down and gets a green light right away, I hold mine down I get a red light, then a green flashing light twice

From the website.
  • How do I power the Trackimo Device "On" and "Off"?
    1. To power the device ON
    • Press and hold the Power Button until the locator status LED indicator begins to glow. This will take approximately 2 seconds.
    • A blinking green LED will then indicate that the device is operating correctly.
    2. To power the device OFF
    • Press and hold the Power Button until the locator status LED Indicator begins to flash quickly. This will take approximately 2 seconds.
    • The locator status LED indicator will shut off when the device has properly shut down.
    View page
RedHotPoker

Reactions: Digdat0
Only 1 track from basically when I took off.
Did you change the "Track every" setting in the Trackimo app? By default, it's set to Off/Manual.

Trackimo-TrackEvery-Setting.png

Manual/Off is the best setting since it will allow for the longest battery life. That's certainly a must-have in a real tracking scenario.

Once you get it working don't plan on taking your drone out where there's no cell service it doesn't work without cell service.
As far as I'm concerned it's a great little device for keeping track of your car when you give it to your teenage kid to take out for the night, dog or wife. If you want a good tracking device get this one. Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

Sent from my LG-H810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Once you get it working don't plan on taking your drone out where there's no cell service it doesn't work without cell service.
Just like the Flytrex tracker. No?

Did you change the "Track every" setting in the Trackimo app? By default, it's set to Off/Manual.

View attachment 62961

Manual/Off is the best setting since it will allow for the longest battery life. That's certainly a must-have in a real tracking scenario.

well I did it on the website, where you log in, is that the settings? Maybe I need to do it on the device itself? maybe I'll try doing in the app on my phone

well I did it on the website, where you log in, is that the settings?
I use the Trackimo iPhone app to configure the settings and/or view the location.

I love how so many of our digital devices have an easy to use App.
Ah, I need a kitchen app, to help cook my dinner tonight.. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I think I'm done with it. something is not right.

I can get it to beep now, with the two commands on the website and app, send beep and update location.
Update location simply does not work, the beep does but it will not update.

This is completely ridiculous, and with the added weight and mount I have its not worth having something that doesn't work.

Too bad there is nothing even similar at all close to that price range.

20160827_220549_zps6hxithgu.jpg

20160827_220512_zpspjnhrlyn.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl