Toy Drone ?

Reaction score
I just wanted to ask this question here because I like this forum and the pilots on it.
I fly a p4 stander,also a Q-500. And 12+ smaller ones too. What I am looking for is
a good small drone just to fly in my back yard.I just want to take some video's
and some picture.Don't need to go far,But need a good steady drone. Tello,Parrot,
Holy stone ? There is a lot out there that's why I am asking this on this forum.Wanted
to see what you phantom pilots might be using.

Recently got back into racing quads to liven things up a bit and appreciate flying in ‘atti’ mode if you like. After years of pre DJI gear, my wizard x220 is light years ahead of the old stuff in the shed and undie staining at times. No RTH on that bad boy.

Consider a whoop for simple rainy day practice, will work indoor great and simple close stuff outside

So far I am leaning towards the tello.Anyone else want to ring in.

So far I am leaning towards the tello.Anyone else want to ring in.

The Tello gets my vote as well. It may be a toy drone, but (in my humble opinion) it’s quality outweighs all of the other toy drones that I’ve had.

I aquired a Bugs B2C with GPS and Brushless Motors.
Has telemetry on the Controller and a 720P Camera to
record flights. Cost me just over $100 delivered from
BangGood.
I was so surprised at how stable it was and with RTH.
Great for my backyard when I don't want to pull out my
P4P Pro+ or Mavic Pro.

That’s still looks like a fairly large drone, which I would imagine would not be ideal for flying indoors like the Tello.

I am glade a few more people have giving me there opinions,any more out there?

That’s still looks like a fairly large drone, which I would imagine would not be ideal for flying indoors like the Tello.
Didn't say I fly it indoors. There are hundreds of small
inexpensive brushed motor mini Quads with altitude hold
out there for indoor flying.

I am glade a few more people have giving me there opinions,any more out there?
I have a Mavic, Spark and Tello. For learning the Tello seems to me to have the most similar controls for learning. On its own it is a fine drone with the limits being it can't fly in wind or even a brisk breeze. Otherwise it is a pleasure, easy to launch and takes nice photos. Video is lower quality due to no gimble but still fun. For $99 I just know of no comparison. I would recommend the controller, the GameSir T1d, meant for it, only $29.

Reactions: Sam007
Didn't say I fly it indoors. There are hundreds of small
inexpensive brushed motor mini Quads with altitude hold
out there for indoor flying.

I did not imply that you did. I was just making sure that the person who started this post is aware of all the options and limitations!

Easy guys! This is for fun.What I am really looking for is a small drone,I don't care about any
distance or high, Just want to fly in my back yard and need a steady drone to take some
picture of my bonsai trees (which I have 75+)

What is the resolution of the Tello?

What is the resolution of the Tello?

Here is a link to the manual where you can find the specs on the entire Tello, including the camera.

https://dl-cdn.ryzerobotics.com/downloads/Tello/20180404/Tello_User_Manual_V1.2_EN.pdf

I’ve attached a screenshot of the spec page.

IMG_2245.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl