touch screen intermittent on P4P+ ?

Reaction score
Not sure if it's coincidental, but since I upgraded to the latest firmware on the P4P+ two weeks back, I seem to have an intermittent touch screen. One moment it responds a few seconds later it does not. Really infuriating when flying and I try slide the aperture and it refuses to budge. At first I thought it might not be a firmware issue but rather a case of the print on my finger not being as defined as younger hands and coupled with it being winter here and cold, but then it does work half the time so a mystery.

Cleaning the screen to remove any surplus oil has not helped. Has anybody else had a similar experience I wonder, should I just reload the firmware and hope for the best ?

I wonder, should I just reload the firmware and hope for the best ?
Firmware has nothing to do with touch screen response. This is function of the device and app itself. You can try re-loading the app, but that may or may not take care of the issue. If it can be assumed that you are using the Crystal Sky, try some searches around for issues with that.

The controller update .bin file that I used this week (after unzipping the ZIP file, of course) is about half the size of the file mentioned in the Ready Set Drone video. Now I'm wondering if I got the whole thing. . . It seemed to upgrade the controller with no problems.
DJI_controller_bin_file.png

Reactions: foxtrot
The controller update .bin file that I used this week (after unzipping the ZIP file, of course) is about half the size of the file mentioned in the Ready Set Drone video. Now I'm wondering if I got the whole thing. . . It seemed to upgrade the controller with no problems.
View attachment 102004
Yes wondered the same thing as it was 800mb, but still need to test and check out if the RC update has sorted out the problem, in-doors the touch screen seemed fine at first fiddle..

I tested this out again this morning, having as suggested done a firmware up date of the RC as well. The touch screen seemed fine for the first five minutes of flying, then went back to its normal nonsense with freezing and with not being able to adjust the aperture, shutter speed and so on. Most frustrating and making filming impossible ! I have to land the AC, turn it off and on again and then the touch screen would work for a minute or two before freezing again. Any further ideas please ? I could try and reload the DJI GO App again ? How should I go about doing this, given that I already have the latest App version installed ?

Can I take it that there are three firmware options to upgrade when required, namely for the AC, RC as well as the DJI GO System App itself ? I have recently done all three and when this bug evidently arrived ...

Last edited:
Hey foxtrot.

I too have the same issue. It seems to be intermittent. Takes a few attempts to slide the aperture. Whenever i turn the remote on it takes a few attempts to enter go fly as well.

Its definayely an annoyance.

OK thanks, so I'm evidently not alone then. Yes, it's the most annoying of things !!!. When did your issue start ? I've had over 260 flights with no issues until I did a firmware update.. I first updated the DJI system app, thinking I was updating the AC and which was then done by my DJI store. I have this week also updated the RC firmware, but still no real improvement. Actually, the Pro plus screen might be worse as it gives a wide green band/flash shortly after linking the AC, which I have never seen before ?

Sometimes I have found the quickest way of unfreezing the screen is to land the AC and then turn it off and on again, so a pain.

My 4 Pro+ screen froze 3 times

Just to be clear, from my side the entire App is not freezing so I still have a live picture, it's the camera controls that intermittently freeze and will not budge despite taking several minutes trying to move them and other younger folk having also tried, as at first I thought it might be my older fingers with less pronounced prints.

I will check out if turning the screen off and on helps, not that this is permanently solving the problem...

Last edited:
Just wondered if you had resolved the issue on your side @digsy ?

I received this from DJI -

''Since it happened after firmware upgrading, please refresh the firmware of the drone by DJI assistant 2 to ensure it has a successful upgrading. And then restart both to check the camera controls again.

If not solved, would you please provide us the below information and let us check its warranty status:''

It finally dawned on me what is happening here, with this latest firmware once in record mode you can't change the camera settings unlike older firmware .....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik