too hot to fly

Reaction score
hey all
its 84f out and my ipad mini 2 not liking the heat. video starts to lag and be very slow.
i even stopped recording video but still lagged. been raining and **** out last week and now too hot.

i have hardware decode on. also

Do you have the iPad in a case of any kind? I have been flying with my iPad mini 2 in close to 100º and it is doing fine, just the occasional blink. No case, just the glare shield, and I do try to stand in the shade of a tree.
no case. i was fully in the sun tho.

is this a statement or a question?

PS, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings by asking for clarification.

is this a statement or a question?

PS, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings by asking for clarification.

well you should probably reread. didnt once ask or even put a question mark.
so it was a statement.

This happens a lot to my iPhone 6. The hot weather of south texas but being in the shad fixes the issue. I just bought an iPad mini 2 and will test the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complaining about the heat? ... ;)

Reactions: Bean
I stand in the shade for both. Direct sunlight on my screen creates distortions and lag perhaps the phone gets too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Seriously? That means it's not optimal for outside use in about 40 out of the 48 states for 4 months out of the year.

Maybe is 95.

Let's me honest here, these devices weren't intended to be used outside streaming HD video. Android tablets have the same operating specs.

Reactions: vinnnocc
I wouldn't really say 84f is hot, come put to Arizona were it's 115` out....just saying.

But as far as problems with my iPad mini 2 and the heat.... no problem on this side of town.

It's 95 and with brightness turned all the way up and in the heat lock ups will happen.

I find standing in the shade with my Mini without any cover or shade on the controller to work best. Usually I'll go pretty late in the day and leave my passenger truck door open and stand in the shade it provides. If it's real late say 7:30PM (sun down at 8:30PM) standing behind my truck provides more shade if I'm parked with the front due West.

Well, it was 95 here today and on my 3rd battery I started getting some serious lag and screen 'Blips' towards the end. As this is the normal summer temp I will either have to fly early morning, late evening, or find another solution. Dang it, thought I had it dialed in as the P3 is flying awesomely, iPad was working great, now this. I tried my iPhone 6+ and it was unaffected by the heat, but the screen is too small, now the search is on for a 8-10 tablet that will work in the heat. <sigh>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic