To Upgrade Firmware or not?

As far as I know, I do not have the distance limited turned on, but if you would please let me know where to check that and what to do, please advise. I would be forever thankful.

Ok, I just sucessfully rolled back from the latest FW to 1.1.9 .. Pretty cool! What happens to the controller now? I guess Ill try that next.. See what happens

As far as I know, I do not have the distance limited turned on, but if you would please let me know where to check that and what to do, please advise. I would be forever thankful.
Can't remember exactly, but it used to be near the beginner mode toggle in the Settings (quad icon in the app)

Can't remember exactly, but it used to be near the beginner mode toggle in the Settings (quad icon in the app)
So, just to get this straight, you are using the DJI GO app to fly your P3A? That you can turn off the flight limits in the Quad icon in the DJI GO App settings page?

When I entered 500 in the height or distance, then the agree screen popped up and I clicked on it to agree. When I took my P3S out to fly, that is as far as it would fly. When I checked my P3P, I could not change the flight limits, I tried to enter 1000 meters into the GO app and it would not work. Do I need to leave it at Zero in the Go App for the P3P?.

So, just to get this straight, you are using the DJI GO app to fly your P3A? That you can turn off the flight limits in the Quad icon in the DJI GO App settings page?

When I entered 500 in the height or distance, then the agree screen popped up and I clicked on it to agree. When I took my P3S out to fly, that is as far as it would fly. When I checked my P3P, I could not change the flight limits, I tried to enter 1000 meters into the GO app and it would not work. Do I need to leave it at Zero in the Go App for the P3P?.
I won't have access to my bird until next weekend so I can't check my settings but there should be a toggle to disable flight distance limits. Surely someone can confirm, I know I'm not crazy.

I won't have access to my bird until next weekend so I can't check my settings but there should be a toggle to disable flight distance limits. Surely someone can confirm, I know I'm not crazy.
You aren't crazy. I am running the latest GO app and flew out to 6300 ft within the last week without a problem.

Reactions: bbfpv
I just tried to roll back FW on controller , not happening.. I guess you can roll back the bird to 1.1.9 but the controller will stay on the latest FW..

Hummm...weird.....are in same kind of "safe zone" limit?

I did read complaints about app + fw giving problems and crash`s, but never ear about imposing limits......

It wont be long before you are updating forward. So I guess a little practice isnt going to hurt! Soon!!!

You aren't crazy. I am running the latest GO app and flew out to 6300 ft within the last week without a problem.
What model of Phantom are you flying and what app are you using to fly so far out with. Your profile does not state what you own/fly. You have stated this before. The current GO app only allows 500 meters so that means you had to have bypassed the distance limit somehow. If so, how?

The current GO app only allows 500 meters so that means you had to have bypassed the distance limit somehow. If so, how?
C'mon .... really?
Do you really think DJI would bring in a 500 metre limit?
Did you look in the app at all?
What's the second item here?
i-SVxcqLC-M.png

What model of Phantom are you flying and what app are you using to fly so far out with. Your profile does not state what you own/fly. You have stated this before. The current GO app only allows 500 meters so that means you had to have bypassed the distance limit somehow. If so, how?

#1 - I am flying a Phantom 3 Pro.
#2 - I have not stated this before, as this is only the 3rd thread I have ever commented on here.
#3 - I am using the latest firmware and app without any modifications or hacks as posted in my prior comment on this thread.

#4 - You need to sit down and comprehend a few things. You keep reverting back and saying the GO app as having a 500 meter limit.

The 500 meter limit that is in the Go app is the VERTICAL ceiling limit. Which is the height.
I have successfully flown out to 6300 feet. That is 6300 feet away from me, which is HORIZONTAL.

Others have answered you here earlier, but you have yet to reply to them.

Have you checked to see if you have a distance limit turned on somewhere?

#1 - I am flying a Phantom 3 Pro.
#2 - I have not stated this before, as this is only the 3rd thread I have ever commented on here.
#3 - I am using the latest firmware and app without any modifications or hacks as posted in my prior comment on this thread.

#4 - You need to sit down and comprehend a few things. You keep reverting back and saying the GO app as having a 500 meter limit.

The 500 meter limit that is in the Go app is the VERTICAL ceiling limit. Which is the height.
I have successfully flown out to 6300 feet. That is 6300 feet away from me,
which is HORIZONTAL.

Others have answered you here earlier, but you have yet to reply to them.

Have you checked to see if you have a distance limit turned on somewhere?

Thanks, you just explained something that was not said before, Vertical versus Horizontal. I will take my P3P and see if it will go beyond 500 meters in the Horizontal and if it works, then I am and will be very appreciative for this clarification. To bad, if this works, that you can not go up in the clouds. I do have a P2 that will fly to the moon if I could fly that high, it has no vert or horiz limits, basically, but I don't care for the GoPro if given a choice.

Understand this, I am only going by what my apps show me right now. The DJI Go App, I can not change in height or distance but that may change if I can fly out further than the limits show.

So, NO, I am not picking on you or anything like that, just trying to verify the information posted by anyone. If I am able to fly horizontally further than 500 meters, then I will gladly post a new thread and give you credit for helping me out with this, it has been that much of a problem for me. I don't mind so much the height limit, just the distance limit. I live in Arkansas in a mountainous area, so height, does come into play when flying. Which only means that i have to take off from a higher Home Point if possible.

Thanks, you just explained something that was not said before, Vertical versus Horizontal. I will take my P3P and see if it will go beyond 500 meters in the Horizontal and if it works, then I am and will be very appreciative for this clarification. To bad, if this works, that you can not go up in the clouds. I do have a P2 that will fly to the moon if I could fly that high, it has no vert or horiz limits, basically, but I don't care for the GoPro if given a choice.

Understand this, I am only going by what my apps show me right now. The DJI Go App, I can not change in height or distance but that may change if I can fly out further than the limits show.

So, NO, I am not picking on you or anything like that, just trying to verify the information posted by anyone. If I am able to fly horizontally further than 500 meters, then I will gladly post a new thread and give you credit for helping me out with this, it has been that much of a problem for me. I don't mind so much the height limit, just the distance limit. I live in Arkansas in a mountainous area, so height, does come into play when flying. Which only means that i have to take off from a higher Home Point if possible.
Now I'm confused. I said like 8 posts ago that you probably have your distance limit toggled to on and said exactly where you could find it, and @Meta4 was kind enough to post a screen shot. Now you're saying you were confusing vertical vs horizontal limits? So you've never actually tried to fly further than 500m horizontally and were only going off of what the app says is the vertical height limit??? :confused:

Reactions: putterizer
There has never been a distance limit, and people have been flying as far as 2 miles since the P3 was released. If there is a limitation, its self imposed.

Check this:

No hacks or mods. Everbody can`t do it. Not everbody is crazy. Period.

Check this:

No hacks or mods. Everbody can`t do it. Not everbody is crazy. Period.

Mordor,
Your infantile response, if aimed at me, AgentOrange2015, is not appreciated, as I am far from crazy and simply am asking for an adult response to my questions or queries about distance limits for the P3P since my iPad Screen shows a maximum of 500 meters. Here in Arkansas, finding a half mile distance for line of sight is not easy in these Ouachita Mountains.

I did fly to 1400 plus feet today, horizontally and am still testing the abilities of my P3P. Cut me some slack bozo, I owned a P2 when they would fly off in a heartbeat for no reason it seemed. Those early experiences with crashes and fly aways has made me Gun Shy while flying any model of Phantom. Nobody has stated that there Go App, with the 500 meter limit, in force, they have been able to fly beyond. All I see written is how far they fly, but nothing technical and that they are able to exceed the GO App's limits. If people are flying well beyond the GO apps limits, then state that up front. To include firmware version for craft and controller.

C'mon .... really?
Do you really think DJI would bring in a 500 metre limit?
Did you look in the app at all?
What's the second item here?
i-SVxcqLC-M.png
I am not seeing this on my iPad Screen, enough said. I

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20