To update or not

Reaction score
So just received my P3A and its saying firmware update needed.

So is this FW needed

This is my current FW's

3d36f40f6afb5ba2b678b580f27408ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As you have almost the latest FWs, I would suggest to update to the latest provided you know how to do it, else leave it as it is. In general don't update unless you have the need to do so.

I know you will read a lot here about bad Firmware updates, but I've got 2 P3s and have updated each time it was offered, no hiccups or issues whatsoever. Just read thru the process, and don't try to rush it. If you have issues, ask.
That said, DJI does tend to "tighten the leash" by removing/editing features, with no warning. I'm sure it makes things safer from their perspective, but you can lose customers faith if you are not upfront about these things. Best not to be first, the next update might be something simple that really has a negative effect of the way you like to fly.

I've never had an issue with updates to my p3p aircraft it's self...but my last controller update was a disaster..I downgraded... and the last dji app without google maps sucked so I down graded that as well. I think I'm just gonna stay put for now. The 1.9 firmware did have an update for the battery for cold weather conditions which might come in handy

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Battery update is listed, and as its cold in the UK I may as well get it done, it's my first time doing it so fingers crossed

If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: crash1sttime
@msinger , thanks for the link mate, gonna get the update done today, unless anyone is reporting issues with the latest.

Thanks to those that replied.

Ok so upgrade done, no issues at all, done all 3 batteries with no issues

Hoping to get out today Bob but it's bloody freezing lol

Well it flew fine, no issues at all. Only small problem is that it now tells me that the field I fly at is an unpaved airport and to take caution. Oh well

Well it flew fine, no issues at all. Only small problem is that it now tells me that the field I fly at is an unpaved airport and to take caution. Oh well

Does your aircraft seem to still fly the same speed?
Did you notice any propulsion system warning messages?
Does it fly the same speed in RTH mode?`

What outside temps are you currently flying in?

No changes as far as I can tell Frank, no warnings, haven't tested RTH as I rarely use it, as for temps that's abut 12 degrees or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers