TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Found this today, I have done research on the domain and have who the owners is a phone number and email. They take PayPal and I called PayPal and they told me the account linked to site is in good standing. It can’t be real. Anyone hear of this site? It’s located in Australia. Even wholesale price is higher than that, I think it may be a knock off or scam all together. Just thought I’d get the word out since I saw no mention on this forum about this site.

Here is a link to the site- DJI Phantom 4 Pro (White)

59C55E3D-A10D-44FB-B9D9-DA761103C826.png

I had a look at the listed address and it's just north of Perth WA. Nice looking house near the beach and whilst looking at the ad, someone from the USA bought one of the P4Ps. If I lived closer, I'd drop by and knock on their door and relieve them of one of their units which I guarantee they don't have on the premises but can arrange for a fee....

Reactions: DAVPHINS
Yea, I looked that up too. If u stay on the page it will keep popping up ones who have bought one. A buddy said he was going to try it and see what happens. He got a receipt to his email and everything just like I have got from other sites and will show tracking progress. He used PayPal and he said that PayPal told him he is covered should he not receive. I must say I’ve not seen a fake site use PayPal, I see most debit or prepaid debt card and wire transfers. I will update what happens.

Yea, I looked that up too. If u stay on the page it will keep popping up ones who have bought one. A buddy said he was going to try it and see what happens. He got a receipt to his email and everything just like I have got from other sites and will show tracking progress. He used PayPal and he said that PayPal told him he is covered should he not receive. I must say I’ve not seen a fake site use PayPal, I see most debit or prepaid debt card and wire transfers. I will update what happens.
Yeah, good luck to your mate, if he has a win let us know as I drive past that area when I fly in and out of Perth and I'll grab a boot full of drones. I also know that area quite well and that makes me suspicious.

It’s registered to his home address it looks like. This is the only thing on his site he is selling, maybe hey are “hot”. But PayPal did tell me he is in good standing and godaddy.com said they have no complaints or misuse reports and Spotify said the same, so maybe he has just started this scam. I will know soon, when I told my friend he acted like he did not care for PayPal would cover him. I on the other hand can take that risk of losing $300, never know if PayPal would change their mind, for they do dumb crap a lot.

Reactions: tevek
I did email the site earlier today, which was 7 am in Australia, so I will post if you hear back from them. It’s the same email as in the first post

It’s registered to his home address it looks like. This is the only thing on his site he is selling, maybe hey are “hot”. But PayPal did tell me he is in good standing and godaddy.com said they have no complaints or misuse reports and Spotify said the same, so maybe he has just started this scam. I will know soon, when I told my friend he acted like he did not care for PayPal would cover him. I on the other hand can take that risk of losing $300, never know if PayPal would change their mind, for they do dumb crap a lot.
Had another look through their site and apart from the catalogue links not working, their response to emails taking up to 48 hours due to high demand for their one product, the only sales being in America and the dodgy price, I'd say PayPal will be getting correspondence shortly.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Had another look through their site and apart from the catalogue links not working, their response to emails taking up to 48 hours due to high demand for their one product, the only sales being in America and the dodgy price, I'd say PayPal will be getting correspondence shortly.

YUP, I think they will be getting their link off that site and closing his PayPal account so he can’t get payments, but nothing yet.

scamadvisor.com

Yes godaddy told me he renewed the site on 11-3-18, and that he has had it for over a year. I know it’s got to be a scam or selling a knock off. I will have to wait and see what my buddy gets or does not get, so far he has had two emails, one with receipt and another thanking him for the order an email if he has problems and that he will receive email and tracking once it has shipped.

Anyone can get a website from godaddy.com for next to nothing but you do have PayPal protection.

Reactions: DAVPHINS
You guys buy em all up! Once you have it in your hot little hands, send me some pics of “it” in your hot little hand and I’ll then provide you with 400.00 shipped to me. Oooooooook?

I know it’s got to be a scam or selling a knock off. I will have to wait and see what my buddy gets or does not get, so far he has had two emails, one with receipt and another thanking him for the order an email if he has problems and that he will receive email and tracking once it has shipped.
There are no knock-offs
The site is a scam like hundreds of similar ones.
It would be surprising if the scammer is anywhere near that physical address.
No-one is selling new Phantoms for that price.
Your friend shouldn't have wasted his time on it and he's not going to get anything from the scammer..

Look, no need for the “[Comment Edited by Moderator]” comments. I posted so other can be aware, so stop with the “I know it all” comment. I did not buy one, but a friend who doesn’t care if he loses 300 on a nba bet or on a drone is trying it and really, like he said, has nothing to lose for PayPal has told him he is protected if he uses them and he did. So time will tell. I WILL post what happens. But jeez ,don’t be that guy, don’t be a [Comment Edited by Moderator]. I joined to get to know more people who love drones and a place to get info and give info. I hope that this is the place, for I don’t know anyone that flys done to talk with or fly with. I’m hoping I can find others in my state or area that do. So if your going to be that way just don’t comment unless you have something positive to add, it was posted to see if anyone has heard of them. I’m interested to see what happens with PayPal for he is “reputable” with them and I don’t buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no knock-offs
The site is a scam like hundreds of similar ones.
It would be surprising if the scammer is anywhere near that physical address.
No-one is selling new Phantoms for that price.
Your friend shouldn't have wasted his time on it and he's not going to get anything from the scammer..

I don’t think he will either. (I’ve not seen one use PayPal and ALL major cards, I’ve only seen ones asking for prepaid and debit cards wire transfer.) The cost of them can’t even be that low. So I’m wondering why PayPal says they have had orders and no complaints, well heck if he has only been up since the 3rd how can anyone complain?? PayPal needs to do a better job looking into things aswell as Spotify before they “ok” something.

Reactions: Motlock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.