Tips on updating firmware on P3?

Reaction score
Hi, my P3 Pro is on its way and after reading the manuals and such for the P3 i'm still unsure about the best way to update the firmware on the quad, rc and battery. Is there any firmware updates yet?
I've read "How to Update the Firmware" on the P3 downloads page and it says "updates will be available on this page when available" http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
I've not got a card reader, should i get one?
Any tips or advice would be most appreciated, dji make it sound like a complicated procedure.
Thanks.

If you have an SD slot in your computer, just buy a spare micro SD card. They always come with an adapter to fit your computer slot. Some others come with a USB adapter so they cam be used as a memory stick.

Reactions: UKFlyer
If you have an SD slot in your computer, just buy a spare micro SD card. They always come with an adapter to fit your computer slot. Some others come with a USB adapter so they cam be used as a memory stick.
Thanks, i already have one of the sd card adaptors to fit the pc so no worries there, Is there any updates for any firmware yet?

Thanks, i already have one of the sd card adaptors to fit the pc so no worries there, Is there any updates for any firmware yet?
DJI say on the page you referred to ...
* New Phantom 3 firmware will be added to this page when available.
There's no firmware there ... so none is available

This is somewhere on the DJI site
Quote:

iOS Pilot App
The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.
Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.
For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.
The Android version will be available on April 30.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20