Tips for "professional" quality video

Once you determine your shot, it is important to take it at the right time of the day. I'm no professional, but it seems that the best time of the day to take the shots is 1 to 2 hours after sunrise and 1 to 2 hours before sunset. Mid-day shots just don't provide the best contrast.

Do you need to make sure the sun is behind you or doesn't it matter since the camera is facing down?

I was getting bored fast filming my neighborhood (neighbors probably were too) But then started watching drone videos of those who seemed to know what they were doing. First thing I realized was location, but then that's where your imagination needs to come in, like what angle to approach, lighting, liability, different times of day, multiple takes to chose from. It's a learning curve. Video I just posted even experimented with mounting drone on back of motorcycle for some neat shots of bikes on some curvy roads. My mentor has been Seagull Arial, but be warned after watching some of his stuff (Around the World by Drone), I felt like trashing my drone and going into a different hobby.
https//:Vimeo.com/219247344 Tail of the Dragon by Drone

Do you need to make sure the sun is behind you or doesn't it matter since the camera is facing down?

Sun behind you when possible but you can do interesting things using sun light at different angles reflecting off water, etc. I prefer a cloudy day, soft light or as mention above early in day or late.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20