Tips and Tricks for setting up Phantom 3 Standard?

Reaction score
I'm a new P3 Standard owner.....first DJI drone ever. I'm using the older DJI Go version (3 I think) for it, and it seems to work fine. Is there a better app to use? Any settings that I need to get in and change, or just leave everything at default for a while?

The only issue I've had is that sometimes while I'm flying, the video display on my Android device will freeze up.....I have to switch back to main menu, and then go back into camera view...and then everything is back to normal.

Any tips or tricks for a new P3 owner?

Thanks!

A good feature on this forum, is to look up things in the archives. Such as, "Phantom 3 screen freezing on mobile." There is lots of information there. Another great site "DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help
Of course, directly communicating with people is more enjoyable to most. Sometimes we just can't find exactly what we are looking for and that extra help. Also revealing your approxament location makes it so others can join you personally and get you started on the fast track. Maybe not a good idea now with the virus. Lol

What Android device do you have and did you disable the cache for video playback in the Go app yet?
To find option you may tab the 3 points in upper right corner of the liveview screen.

Tip-----read the manual a few times,there's a online one you can download ,explains everything,,
Tricks------ depending on where you fly and height of things around check your RTH height setting,every area has a different obstacle to avoid so take note of what's around,,enjoy :),also airplane mode on device might help stop any extras interfering, keep remote aimed in general direction of drone or drop outs will happen,,p3s has own wifi module which communicates with remote and device,,,its called the Joy's of wifi,,I think most around do mod the remote to avoid this,,some are good at receiving signal and some are bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a new P3 Standard owner.....first DJI drone ever. I'm using the older DJI Go version (3 I think) for it, and it seems to work fine. Is there a better app to use? Any settings that I need to get in and change, or just leave everything at default for a while?

The only issue I've had is that sometimes while I'm flying, the video display on my Android device will freeze up.....I have to switch back to main menu, and then go back into camera view...and then everything is back to normal.

Any tips or tricks for a new P3 owner?

Thanks!
I also fly a P3S and the DJI Go app is the one I use. I had the same issue with the video. I was able to improve the picture by installing a range extender. If your picture starts glitching when you are flying some distance away but improves when the range is closer, it could indicate you are flying a bit further than your range is. I did install Magic powerv5 which increases the output of your transmitter, Please read all disclaimers associated with MP5. I hope you get the performance you want. Also the settings mainly control the range and ceiling of the machine. I do not remember the settings doing anything with video. Good luck and fly safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.