Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Time lapse in between flights ????

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by ElGuapo, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ElGuapo

I have two batteries total. Do I have to let the bird take a break in between battery changes?.

I have my battery warning set to 25%, when I get the warning I start bringing my bird down until I land it. Then I pull the depleted battery out and insert a fresh, fully charged battery - I would say this process takes a good 5 minutes. Then I fly again until my second battery runs out.

Am I going to hurt the motors if I do not let bird take a break in between changes?.

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

It depends really... the motors get a LOT of air flowing over them in flight which really helps to cool. That's also why they are exposed as much as possible.

I fly often time 4 or 5 batteries back to back and when I'm site for a mission I have flown more than that but it wasn't in the HEAT of the summer (it was actually pretty cool when I flew that many in rapid succession ).

I really worry about the batteries more than I do the aircraft to be honest with you. The motors get a lot of air over them during flight to maintain constant temps.