Tilting horizon

Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of instances of this lately, sometimes with compass errors, sometimes with interference warnings, sometimes with no errors on the app at all. I fly in 3 different spots mostly, about 5 miles apart, and have had this issue at all locations.

When it starts I head back towards home, and it flies like a drunken sailor is at the controls. It may continue until I land, other times it straightens out and works fine.

I've been calibrating the compass at every flight, no phone, keys, etc. I recalibrated the IMU recently, firmware and app are up to date.

I suspect I need to do the IMU again, but looking for your thoughts.

There is no need to calibrate the compass before every flight or at all for that matter unless the app tells you it is required. Try a fresh calibration in a different area and stick with it.

Here is a sample of what's been happening.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I recalibrated the IMU as well as the compass tonight. Took it out in the back yard as far away from everything as I possibly could. We'll see how it goes, probably won't be able to give it a good test until this weekend.

Here is a sample of what's been happening.

Are you saying you're flying in a straight line, and the AC by itself kinda rolls left and right? Make sure your gimbal is configured for "Follow" mode, not "FPV", and also go to gimbal advanced settings and disable "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" to see if it makes a difference. I doubt, but you never know...

Are you saying you're flying in a straight line, and the AC by itself kinda rolls left and right? Make sure your gimbal is configured for "Follow" mode, not "FPV", and also go to gimbal advanced settings and disable "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" to see if it makes a difference. I doubt, but you never know...

That's exactly what happens. I do have it set for "follow", and I'll check the other setting. Thanks

Have you ever done a remote control calibration?

If you used DJI-GO you can play back your flight from your logs and look for stick movements coming from your remote.

Rod

Have you ever done a remote control calibration?

If you used DJI-GO you can play back your flight from your logs and look for stick movements coming from your remote.

Rod

I have recalibrated the remote a couple of times. I don't think any stick movements would make the horizon tilt like that.

Sometimes when it gets like that it will throw a compass error, other times not. Or I'll get a compass error and then it switches back to GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31