Tilted horizon issues

Same problem with my Inspire. What I notice is if I'm doing some quick maneuvers, its much more pronounced. Its like it needs a few seconds to settle or balance out.

Yep. My inspire does it too. As does my P3P, Typhoon H, and every other quad I have ever owned to at least some degree at one time or another.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuadBart
It ain't fixed guys. I'm glad you're happy but you're just setting yourselves up for even more disappointment. Report back in a week after some aggressive flying and not being careful to keep everything level by hand and let us know how it goes.

Happy and safe flying.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
My belief is the horizon tilt has something to do with the Phantom not compensating for aircraft roll & it is exacerbated by wind. It is unpredictable. You can fly one day & the horizon is great & the next day it totally sucks. Watch when flying sideways on a windy day & sometimes the horizon is WAY off. Sit in place & rotate the bird & watch the horizon go from tilting one way, to level, to tilting the other way, then back to level. A very annoying P4 issue that I wish DJI would rectify. P3's do it too, just nowhere near as badly.

I agree. The problem is unsolvable. No matter how many cold IMU calibrations one does, it will show up at some point. Some flights are worse than others. After owning 4 phantom 3's and three phantom 4's they all have titled horizon issues.

I have similar problem, if i turn left or right it will be tilted the if i wait a few seconds it gradually levels it self out to be much less tilted, though still a little tilted

I sent my P4 into repair a couple weeks ago for tilted horizon and they failed to fix it. Said they replaced some hardware, but not sure I believe them.
I just sent in again (this time with 2nd day UPS labels from support) and I'm still waiting for P4 return.
I'll post on this thread once I have it back to let you all know if they finally found issue and fixed it.
Support is not very fun to deal with by the way...:mad:

There's also a way to manually adjust the roll arm itself. Sometimes it's possible for the arm to become misaligned with the roll motor. This IS a more advanced operation, and should only be attempted by those comfortable enough to do tech type repairs, as it involves removing pieces/opening up the gimbal.

Here is a link to a video walking you through and complete teardown and rebuild of the gimbal. This video is also GREAT to have on hand if you ever need to replace the ribbon cable. Somewhere in the video, the tech also covers adjusting the tilted horizon issue...

I've manually adjusted my gimbal settings. I think I'm at -1.6(?) but like others say, it ain't perfect depending on the wind direction you're flying with/against. I just correct it in Premiere during post.

I still can't figure out why only some of the time it's off. It could be calm and it's a bit off then levels itself or not. Yesterday it was very windy and the gimbal was straight, only after a hard turn it went off then got back straight in about 15 seconds. WTF. It seems actualy to be getting better and I have done NOTHING to improve it, that's as mutch as dji has done since the last update.

...I got one homemade quadcopter with a simple, cheap, HobbyKing gimbal: no tilted horizon, doesn't matter what kind of maneuver I decide to perform, my horizon is 99% straight.

DJI MUST FIX THIS ISSUE. STOP THERE.

M2c

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl