Throw your $$$ in the river

am i the only one who flys with common sense? i think you should have to pass some kind of test to own one of these things. :roll:

Man is this guy lucky the thing didn't crash into cars on that busy road? Wow. Imagine that. Bird hits windshield and driver loses control, driving off bridge into river.

mediaguru said:
Man is this guy lucky the thing didn't crash into cars on that busy road? Wow. Imagine that. Bird hits windshield and driver loses control, driving off bridge into river.

Odds are that will happen.
Maybe not in the river but you get the idea.

Sad to see someone potentially lose their entire life's worth over a toy helicopter.

And we still have no idea what happened or the circumstances that lead to it or what may have caused or contributed to it.
Just that a P1.1 crashed and the pilot is urging us not to buy DJI products.

Wish I would have thought of that when after spending months and months building an R/C plane... and the engine dies during take off and it rolls into the ground with a million splinters... DO NOT BUY _______

I don't think he gets it boys. So can another 50 people ask the same question please?

If you FLY you WILL crash at some point.

Who hasn't !!

I will never forget my crashing into a tree 10m above ground.
The sound was just awful. The sinking feeling in my stomach was worse. The $$$ flashing in my mind's eye worse still :mrgreen:
BUT..picked it up off the ground (bit overgrown so not too hard a drop)and zero damage.Not even a scuff mark.

morph000 said:
If you FLY you WILL crash at some point.

Who hasn't !!

I will never forget my crashing into a tree 10m above ground.
The sound was just awful. The sinking feeling in my stomach was worse. The $$$ flashing in my mind's eye worse still :mrgreen:
BUT..picked it up off the ground (bit overgrown so not too hard a drop)and zero damage.Not even a scuff mark.

yea it depends where it lands. I've crashed from about that height into grass and suffered no damage at all. Last weekend I crashed from about that height onto pavement and destroyed a battery and the gimbal :)

The Phantom is fine though... tough little piece of equipment actually. Not so much the gimbal heh

Marc70
Rule number one, don't fly over populous areas or buildings (this includes roads) IT IS FOR THIS VERY REASON!!!!!!!!
It is people like you who will ruin it for the people who fly sensibly and with care, at a guess you probably apply the same lack of care to preflight checks, aircraft maintenance and developing flying skills.
And guess what its always someone else's fault.... eg: DJI, try telling that to a coroners court when your actions kill someone, if you are flying it you are liable.

Wow, am I ever bad, and you guys are all so good and smart.
The roadway was a bit far, but just wondering where do you all go flying? 10 miles out of the city, 3 miles in the field or bush (make sure there's no roadway nearby?)
Thanks for all the useful input, especially as to why this thing did what it did after nearly 100 flights without incidents since the previous crash: http://youtu.be/DK32AD6yMEY
That one too was irresponsible, mostly empty cottages RIGHT BY THE ROADWAY! COULDA KILLED SOMEONE!
Go ahead and pick me apart, but not one suggestion as to what caused THAT crash, after ~75 flights without incident.
And yeah, I have no clue about preflight checks, software updates, nothing. (Being sarcastic here for all you know-alls.)
Birds coming back in the mail as we speak, because I did go to the dealer first.
The car manufacturers are the ones that put out the recalls, NOT the dealers.
Have a good day all, and may you never lose your aircraft. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl