Throttle & hand catching

Reaction score
Today I tried for the first time catching the Phantom and stopping the motor. It work ok and after holding the Phantom and lowering the throttle to the bottom the motors stopped. This made me wonder whether when you are bringing the Phantom down in the first place is there ever a chance the motors could shut down while it is still in the air? I think when I held the throttle it was also pulled back to a corner as well- but when you are concentrating on grabbing the Phantom- not sure. I have one of the spring loaded TX. I know when you first power up the Phantom you need to use both sticks, but not when shutting down.

cheers

bill

fly-catchers said:
Today I tried for the first time catching the Phantom and stopping the motor. It work ok and after holding the Phantom and lowering the throttle to the bottom the motors stopped. This made me wonder whether when you are bringing the Phantom down in the first place is there ever a chance the motors could shut down while it is still in the air? I think when I held the throttle it was also pulled back to a corner as well- but when you are concentrating on grabbing the Phantom- not sure. I have one of the spring loaded TX. I know when you first power up the Phantom you need to use both sticks, but not when shutting down.

cheers

bill

There's a setting in the NAZA where you can choose between "Intelligent" and "Immediate" stopping of motors when throttle is at 0.
If set to Immediate (not recommended), the motors will stop - regardless of what the Phantom is doing. a few flyers have seen their Phantoms drop from the sky this way.
But when in Intelligent mode, the motors will only stop if the craft is not in motion (only after landing, being hand caught, or crashing)
make sure it's set to Intelligent!

Reactions: ObiDon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik