Threaded Nut Inserts for Inspire Mount

It worked fine. I have tons of spare washers and parts. I used a few flat washers and a star shaped lock washer to keep it from turning. You want the top of the threaded insert just flush or a little below the RC cover.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok thanks. Going to try it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well that didn't go so great!! Ha but it's installed and is solid! Key important thing to remember, go below the arm when you drill. I got it to work but I was a little high. Also you can by the insert from lows or home depot for around a dollar or so.

The thread on the inspire mount is a metric thread so not sure how you made a American thread work without cross threading the heck out of it...

The part I purchased works fine. That wasnt the issue and there was no cross threading. I was looking for the part number to publish it here but I threw it away already. Only issue I had was drilling to high. But its solid now.

Im not taking the RC apart, I'm pretty sure mine is 1/4"x20...Sandman, where is the thread size posted? The OPs part is standard thread as well.

I got mine from Summit Racing. There was a thread somewhere on here about it. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is:

img_1686-jpg.43298

That one will work with the Inspire mount. That is the exact one I purchased from Summit Racing. This was the one recommended in the other thread. Thanks LuvMyTJ

The part I purchased works fine. That wasnt the issue and there was no cross threading. I was looking for the part number to publish it here but I threw it away already. Only issue I had was drilling to high. But its solid now.

I did the same thing. I did not take into consideration the fact that the Inspire mount has a slight angle to it. But in the end, it all worked out fine.
I think that is the best mount for any tablet.

It's not 1/4-20...I can tell you that for sure...it's a metric thread. I bought one and went to a hardware store and tried all the different sizes. The only way a 1/4-20 will work if you force it and cross thread it. It's a aluminum thread so it will go on with force but it's not American thread. Call Dji direct if you don't believe me.

It's not 1/4-20...I can tell you that for sure...it's a metric thread. I bought one and went to a hardware store and tried all the different sizes. The only way a 1/4-20 will work if you force it and cross thread it. It's a aluminum thread so it will go on with force but it's not American thread. Call Dji direct if you don't believe me.

I went to lowes and picked up a piece that fit super easy. I will post a picture when I do my antenna mod later this week.

I don't need to believe you, it threaded in without cross threading. Again, the parts people are posting are 1/4"x20
ca800e3fe9c887e97123659b32ced840.jpg

I don't need to believe you, it threaded in without cross threading. Again, the parts people are posting are 1/4"x20
ca800e3fe9c887e97123659b32ced840.jpg

This is exactly what I bought. It worked perfectly. No problems.

All you need is a H3 bolt and a small washer! That's what I used! Dirt cheap... I had them in my junk bolts box

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20