Thread lock

Reaction score
What thread lock do y'all use for the motor mount reinforcements, red or blue?? Thanks in advance.

Threadlock is known to cause Phantom shells to crack. It would be best to not use it.

Not necessary either.

Post and pre-flight inspections will ID any loose fasteners.

Never ever found any fasteners coming loose after years of flying my P2s.

Props are self locking and you don't need any fasteners or solutions. Tightening by a finger is good enough.

What thread lock do y'all use for the motor mount reinforcements, red or blue?? Thanks in advance.

Pilot,

None. The reinforcement plates should act as a lock washer to some degree. I have them on two P3P's and a P2 and I haven't had a single crack (yet). Just don't over-torque them and inspect them once in a while. My opinion only.

Jerry

I have the inodized aluminum plates and they recommend thread lock in the instruction. I thought they would have sent the screws out with the already applied thread lock.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460388386.313457.jpg

I have the inodized aluminum plates and they recommend thread lock in the instruction. I thought they would have sent the screws out with the already applied thread lock.

Pilot,

Again, just opinion. I like the UAVbits item better. I don't think I'd want something so rigid. I wanted something that would flex with the bird. With that setup, I'd probably put a tiny bit of nail polish on the screws. Just remember, any time you want to check them the polish will break and will no longer be effective.

Jerry

I noticed on mine (older motors) that DJI used something that was blue on the threads. I issued it was thread lock.

I noticed on mine (older motors) that DJI used something that was blue on the threads. I issued it was thread lock.

It is but it is pre-cured before use.
Even the fumes of the threadlock can causes the damage as it seeps/creeps around the area of use.
There is plastic compatible TL if you look for it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl