Those tilted horizon

Reaction score
Seems the randomly tilted horizon is ultimately inevitable. Is there a explanation out there?

A thought just can't to mind the other day: will it possible to be partially bcs of the geomagnetic field? We powered it up on the ground. It was levelled. But when it went up in the air, the field changed.

What is the main reason for the tilt?

This might be helpful:

Tks. Msinger,

It might help. But what I observed is during the same flight, same spot in the air, spin/yaw the quad, the horizon would tilt differently against the horizon... And, btw, how we define horizon, is it always supposed to be straight? Barring the buildings, and aim far away.

Which platform are you asking about? If this is about the P3, you should post it in the P3 section.

Which platform are you asking about? If this is about the P3, you should post it in the P3 section.
I have P2V and I think tilt horizon is ubiquatous issue :(

I made sure the bubble (used iPhone app and put it on top of the dome) stays in the middle before power up the battery. But no effect.

This might be helpful:

Hey, lookie there.

Dirks "glass on the motor shafts" has made it to Simon's kitchen table. Now the word will get around... :D:D:D

Reactions: dirkclod
The thing is, all the flat glass on the motors won't help if the IMU is installed off center. I did all this, but the only thing that fixed it was to open the bird up, and bubble balance the top of the IMU itself

The thing is, all the flat glass on the motors won't help if the IMU is installed off center. I did all this, but the only thing that fixed it was to open the bird up, and bubble balance the top of the IMU itself
Did that . Did it everyway you could . Found the best way was by putting level on FC but was really not that much better than using the glass like this...
glass.jpg .Tried all this about a year ago and here it is .http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35131
As much trouble as it was to take the top off every time I just settled with the glass .

I have only noted a tilted horizin on my P2V in two conditions:
1) Moving with the camera perpendicular to the flight path (moving sideways)
2) When the bird is fighting the wind. The bird will tilt into the wind to hold positon. It deosn't take much to show up in the picture.

From looking at that picture and using the prop guards as a reference you can see that seems to be the case in that picture .
The other times I would see them before I got the rpg was going fast in atti forward .
Good call Ken :)

Can see that as an issue Brandon . With a stock gimbal though that's something ya gonna have to deal with .I did a test with my guards on awhile back to see just how much the gimbal did help stabile my camera and not showing you this to try and sell ya on getting one but just to show ya how much it can tilt .The stock one will fix it up and down but not when going at a tilt .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl