This was my very first flight with P4P Lake Superior Ice

First flight and such good results, wow.

Reactions: IamWedge
Thanks everyone for your kind words. That drone was screaming at me the whole time. I had all the obstacle avoidance on. I didn't want to end up in the drink.

Not bad for a first flight and the exposure, though maybe a bit low, was pretty close and definitely not over exposed. The ice was very interesting and took on somewhat different look depending on which way the Sun hit it.

If I could offer some suggestions ... probably the most common thing I recommend is to go easy on the sticks and particularly when you are very close and low you need to go even easier on the sticks. I think I'd also recommend staying a bit higher and further away, at least until you have full muscle memory -- lots of folks here have dumped there drones in the drink and I'd hate for that to happen to you.

Brian

Reactions: IamWedge
Isn't Lake Superior suppose to be frozen?
Thats a HUGE mass of water to freeze. The temp would have to drop below zero for a long duration of time. Wind and wave action break the ice up and piles it on the shoes. Ill post up a video on how much it was frozen last week.

Not bad for a first flight and the exposure, though maybe a bit low, was pretty close and definitely not over exposed. The ice was very interesting and took on somewhat different look depending on which way the Sun hit it.

If I could offer some suggestions ... probably the most common thing I recommend is to go easy on the sticks and particularly when you are very close and low you need to go even easier on the sticks. I think I'd also recommend staying a bit higher and further away, at least until you have full muscle memory -- lots of folks here have dumped there drones in the drink and I'd hate for that to happen to you.

Brian
Thanks Raptorman. I dialed the sticks back All the obstacle avoidance was on. It wouldn't allow me to get much closer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20