This is how good the Phantom 4 Pro camera is after sunset.

Nice, John. Those sensors do like soft light. Let's you capture the full dynamic range present. A bit of shadow recovery would help here.

Reactions: John Gowland
Very well according to the title.
Now it needs some postprocessing to be really wonderful.

The main reason I love the P4P is that I do not have to do much post at all, Andy9. I very rarely do any. I just get irritated by lots of post. This one was just too dark and the little lightening I did do was only to approximate what I saw. The point I was trying to make is that it is an awesome camera even in dark situations. This one is part 2 of the Cape Range National Park. Part one is at
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am uploading Part 3 at the moment, another hour then YouTube will spend about 4 hours processing it after which I will post it tomorrow.
I love the Cape Range National Park and I may have a few more "parts" to post from my last visit. Its getting hot up there at the moment so I will revisit in a few months time for some more posts/parts. This place has to be the most stunning places I have been too, I just love the feel of the place, truly amazing when you are there.

Last edited:
The main reason I love the P4P is that I do not have to do much post at all, Andy9. I very rarely do any. I just get irritated by lots of post. This one was just too dark and the little lightening I did do was only to approximate what I saw. The point I was trying to make is that it is an awesome camera even in dark situations.
I've got it so thus I put this in my reply.
I agree that usually no need to correct videos much. The camera software of Phantom do very much by itself. But to post the video on the Net it it is almost mandatory to get some attention.

About ten minutes after sunset, I did edit a little to get to what I could see with my eyes.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for sharing that. Mind if I ask where I could find that music for a project of mine?

In the details of the vid the music Russ is;

Song​

Endless Fall (No Choir)

Artist​

Audiomachine

Album​

Life

But in order to use any music you will have severe restrictions if your Youtube or web page is monetised. At best you can earn a few dollars a month if you are monetised. I made the choice when I started having access to great music is way more important than a few coins a week.

I've got it so thus I put this in my reply.
I agree that usually no need to correct videos much. The camera software of Phantom do very much by itself. But to post the video on the Net it it is almost mandatory to get some attention.
You are probably right Andy, but I simply don't like spending ages doing post I find it does not make much difference, with the Phantom. There are times, I accept, where you simply have to do some post.

Nice and well done! One of the few drone videos I've seen lately that I wished were longer :)

In the details of the vid the music Russ is;

Song​

Endless Fall (No Choir)

Artist​

Audiomachine

Album​

Life

But in order to use any music you will have severe restrictions if your Youtube or web page is monetised. At best you can earn a few dollars a month if you are monetised. I made the choice when I started having access to great music is way more important than a few coins a week.
Thanks!

Not being a geologist of any kind VW, I can only comment on what I saw. Everywhere in the Cape it seemed that the rocks had hard volcanic skins but where the elements have eroded the surface there was soft crumbling sandstone. Whatever it is it is it makes for very colorful rocks.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Very nice indeed John and good to see more Australian footage going up. It’s hard to find good suitable music and I’m with you, I haven’t monitised my channel and probably never will.

I rarely risk my P4P v2.0s on social media footage as I depend on them for work. I had one go down in a creek on the Lamington plateau and that cured me lol (In my own defense I was in the process of falling down a waterfall at time). I generally use the mavic 2 twins. I can always get another one of those.

I’d appreciate it if you could link your channel and make it easy on me to subscribe.

Regards
Ari

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic