This forum is scary

SteveMann said:
Why would anyone expect to receive individual attention?
Hmm... I dunno... customer service?

That is still a thing, right?

flyNfrank said:
msinger said:
flyNfrank said:
If you have a V3.....please do not fly it until a cure can be put in place
A cure for what?

V3's that drop from the sky.

Are you aware of a particular defect in V3 phantoms and do you expect DJI to do a recall? I had mine for several weeks and done about 20 flights. I installed a flytrex yesterday and now I'm scared to fly.

BMech said:
Are you aware of a particular defect in V3 phantoms and do you expect DJI to do a recall? I had mine for several weeks and done about 20 flights. I installed a flytrex yesterday and now I'm scared to fly.
i've got a Core 2 installed, only done about 5-6 flights with it but again not a glitch. Waiting on the postman to deliver a Live with can-bus lead

p fandango said:
BMech said:
i've got a Core 2 installed, only done about 5-6 flights with it but again not a glitch. Waiting on the postman to deliver a Live with can-bus lead

Mine is a Core 2 also. I just walked the quad around the house to get some data. Maybe I'll fly it tomorrow. Not much of a toy if I can't play with it. I've got some racerender gauges I want to test.

Grizsteve said:
Thanks for all the info you all provide. I have been reading, studying, watching all I can before pulling the trigger on the v3.0. The number of crashes, issues etc is scary though. Hoping people are more likely to post the bad over the good. I guess I'm looking for affirmation that I won't regret the investment into this cool new way to view the world.

Anybody have regrets? DJI still the best in your view?
Thanks. Keep posting learning a lot.

Fom a technical perspective the Phantom has absolutely no engineered redundancy. This means that any failure of a critical system component like ESC, flight computer will result in serious damage or loss of aircraft. This could happen at any time, so fly cautiously and do not consider this a safe ‘investment’.

I have over 200 flights on my Phantom, perform a pre-flight checklist, compass calibration and practice cautious flying and I didn’t believe in flyaways until I experienced one recently. That really opened my eyes.

Experienced RC owners say that if your new to this, expect to pay 2-3x the initial cost of the unit in the first couple of years. If you’re prepared for all eventualities then you’ll have the right mindset.

I suggest buying from a local retailer to hopefully get good support.

This is hard to hear, but be prepared when the Phantom eventually fails.

Got my Vision plus v3 4 Werks ago got a big fright first day after landing use the CSC command to stop motors p went crazy fell to the side 2 prop hitting ground rotating ,I read somewhere other people had same problem
Since than I use the other option toggle down 3 seconds .....very happy with it since....I wonder how many phantoms left the factory so far could it be true app. 100000!? Read that somewhere?????
It would make it a bit less scary reading about a "few" (sorry guys....) that fell from Sky.....

Bernd....I think what you experienced is not a Phantom issue but an operator issue. I am not pointing fingers at you so don't take that the wrong way. When you move the sticks into the CSC position, for a brief moment you are actually commanding the craft to yaw clockwise, roll left, pitch back, and finally accelerate slightly. The acceleration is caused by moving the left stick to the right which, because its a circle, you art actually moving the stick ever so slightly up, thus increasing speed. That's the direction the sticks are moving when you enter CSC. The issue is enhanced if you hesitate even for a moment thereby causing the Phantom to tip. The other option of just pulling back on the throttle, all you are doing is reducing speed which is why you don't tip over.

Got to agree with Mopar on this one. Because I did the same thing. No more CSC for me, just simply pull back on one stick!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers