Newbie from Salt Lake

Reaction score
Greetings from Utah

Just recently acquired a Phantom 4. After 3 weeks, a trip to southern Utah allowed me to take it out for the first time. During my down time, I've been watching videos, reading forums and doing just about anything I could to prepare myself for my first flight. I will say that flying the Phantom is a whole different ball game than watching it fly on videos. Even in beginner mode, 90ft out and 90ft up feels like a long way. My wife had it up to 250ft and 300ft out and a little bit of panic set in. :) I'm looking forward to flying up and around our mountain property this summer.

I'm currently hold a private pilot cert and about ready to take the 107 test. Since I haven't flown in a while and not all that current, I will be taking the full test. Coming from an aviation background, most of the part 107 information seems second nature to me, but I feel taking the full test will benefit me in the long run. It's been a while since I've read a sectional chart. I also fly for a virtual airline in the flight simulator world which also helps.

I've been reading through these forums and have learned so much about the Phantom 4. I appreciate all the posts and responses and am looking forward to posting my questions and getting the same helpful answers that others have. Hopefully I wont be posting any flyaway or crash posts.

Thanks again

Kyle

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I remember my first long distance flight. Kind of by accident. I was flying the P2 Vision and getting a backing shot of the Temple in Daybreak. All of a sudden I lost all signal and realized that I had backed up so far I was out of range. I flipped the switch for return to home and then just sat there. Nothing I could do but wait. About an hour later (it felt like an hour), I thought I started to hear a hum. After a moment it go louder and I felt _much_ better! Those were the longest 2 minutes I've ever had. The Phantom came right back I cancelled the RTH and brought it in for a landing.

There are some _great photo opportunities in Utah. I film a lot around the Swell. You can get some great winter shots there.

Welcome to the forum Kyle .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Tcope - I live in West Jordan. - 2 miles SE of South Valley Regional. If you know any good and legal places to fly in the area, let me know. I will be taking my part 107 next Friday so I shouldn't have many issues flying around the area or near the airport.

It's nice that my in laws live in St. George. It makes a great and FREE winter getaway spot. Perfect for flying.

thanks again

Kyle

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4