This dog killed my P4P in 3 seconds.

Reaction score
Beware of dogs in parks. I was talking to the owner of this dog and the guy said "I am surprised the dog isn't going crazy over your drone, it looks like he doesn't care." So when I brought it down to land. Bang! The dog jumped up and killed my Phantom.

Yes sir, I killed your drone, it was me!
Yes I killed your drone.jpg
Click on pic to see the Drone killing dog.

I had been asked to film a beach cleanup, but found out it was a very popular area for locals to bring their dogs to and let them run unleashed. I declined.

No, but he **** himself, especially when he had just asked me how much it cost. :) I told him not to worry about it. I can claim. DJI and my insurance company were excellent. No loss at all.
At least you have insurance. You get a brand new one.

Edit: we need more videos of teens invading and flashing your drones! :p

What makes you think the dog was approaching the drone JeffreyS? I indicated he was taking no notice of the drone, in fact he was even facing the drone when I started to land, just a split second reaction to turn and jump. So where is the irresponsibility LarBear360? Some old dogs can be very fast, not me :) I have landed many times near dogs without a problem after assessing the situation. I wont from now on.
My reason for posting is to warn folk not to trust dogs when landing and taking off. WV. Rootman is right, we should always hand land and take off if dogs are anywhere near. Sometimes you can't avoid it, if your battery is running low and you have to land as a dog is approaching, hand land.

What makes you think the dog was approaching the drone JeffreyS? I indicated he was taking no notice of the drone, in fact he was even facing the drone when I started to land, just a split second reaction to turn and jump. So where is the irresponsibility LarBear360? Some old dogs can be very fast, not me :) I have landed many times near dogs without a problem after assessing the situation. I wont from now on.
My reason for posting is to warn folk not to trust dogs when landing and taking off. WV. Rootman is right, we should always hand land and take off if dogs are anywhere near. Sometimes you can't avoid it, if your battery is running low and you have to land as a dog is approaching, hand land.

John, why are you nitpicking my wording and then following it with a paragraph saying basically what I meant?

Wow! I have a pitbull and when I fly my little Shadow in the house she gets up and leaves whatever room I'm in. She wants nothing to do with my drone.

Reactions: Newt59 and JeffreyS
My German Shepherd watches my Phantom fly with great interest. But that’s about it. She doesn’t chase it, but just seems annoyed with all the prop noise that it disturbed her nap.

But, I hand catch 100% anyway to avoid any surprises.

Reactions: Scott Davis
my mate herbie a cattle x staffy jumped up ang grabed my syma x5 out of the air got wacked on the nose with a prop he don't care now even when I fly the syma inside these days but he still likes to check the phantom out louder noise? I dunno if the phantoms case is open on the floor he likes to turn the props lol

And don't forget : The VPS emits a ultrasonic sound downward and that alone will drive a dog nuts and then we think it was the whirling props...well it's a combination of them all !

I have dogs and I will not fly with them out there near ... only when wife is out as well as she can call them.

I have had electric cars .. model railway engines attacked by dogs ... and I can only assume there's a sound or something that we don't hear that maybe annoys them.

Hand catching ... that old chestnut again ...

Given that my dogs stand as tall as me when they jump up and if they did when catching my P3P - would destroy my balance - hand catching is not really my idea of safety ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31