Thinking of making the leap...

Reaction score
I have simply fallen in love with my P4. Its been all over the world with me and it’s always been a remarkable tool. Not always perfect certainly, but it does the job remarkably well. However, it has its limits. It’s camera is good, but limited (no mechanical zoom, good, but limited range, no codec support). Flight characteristics are also good, but limited distance, basic tracking features, speed, etc. distract you from the job at hand.

I am considering making the leap to a Inspire 2 + X5 setup. Specs look to fit the bill in terms of capabilities, especially the X5 camera. But its a $6k investment, so about the cost of 3 P4Ps with all the extras. This is still “mostly” a hobby for me, so I’m considering upgrading for quality/performance more so then a need to have commercial gear.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

I am considering making the leap to a Inspire 2 + X5 setup. Specs look to fit the bill in terms of capabilities, especially the X5 camera. But its a $6k investment, so about the cost of 3 P4Ps with all the extras. This is still “mostly” a hobby for me, so I’m considering upgrading for quality/performance more so then a need to have commercial gear.

The P4 pro is a huge advancement photographically past the camera of the P4 but just as affordable and portable.
The Inspire 2 + X5 does give even higher photographic quality - at a price.
And it's not just $$ .. you also pay in a big loss of portability and convenience.
You need two batteries per flight and with the heavy X5 you will get less flight time.
You have to decide what matters most for the way you want to fly

Might just make sense to wait for the P5, I suspect from what I have read it will bring some nice new features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing