Think this is dead

Reaction score
Had about 85 charges.... Shouldn't be this bad should it on both batteries. One battery is really worrying and I added a link to it
1518091553040.png

And if that isn't bad enough.....

1518091577622.png

And yet nothing major came up on screen. To worried to fly now. Is this something DJI will replace as the battery hasn't been dropped or crashed.
Here is the link to the second battery

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Yeah that’s a lot of errors! Have you cycled the batteries to level the cells out to see if that helps? You should have do it about every 20 charged cycles. Then re check, if you have that many I would definitely be concerned on flying with those batteries.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
You mean putting all the battery to 0%? Haven't done that in a while to be honest as I heard it was no longer needed. I have nothing to lose trying that again tho [emoji4] I have a feeling it may be the multi charger that might have caused all this

You mean putting all the battery to 0%? Haven't done that in a while to be honest as I heard it was no longer needed. I have nothing to lose trying that again tho [emoji4] I have a feeling it may be the multi charger that might have caused all this

Yes I’ve heard the same thing but still balance all my batteries after around 20 flights. Run them down to 8% let them cool and recharge and see if it helps. Like you said nothing to lose. I been getting 200 to 300 cycles (flights)on my batteries.Let is know if it does any good?

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yes I’ve heard the same thing but still balance all my batteries after around 20 flights. Run them down to 8% let them cool and recharge and see if it helps. Like you said nothing to lose. I been getting 200 to 300 cycles (flights)on my batteries.Let is know if it does any good?
What remaining capacity % do you normally land at. It would be interesting to learn what cycle count your 2-300 equates to. Neon is quoting 100% cycles, not flights.

Neon that pack would have done 113 flights if flown down to 25% as an average run, more obviously if only took it to 40%. You might hope to get more.

The deep discharge routine is unlikely to help. At best it gives more time for the cells to balance out during the charge cycle. It does nothing to calibrate the battery monitoring electronics. While some BMS need a regular full discharge on the cells the SOC in these packs doesn’t.

Is this pack one that has been brought back close to empty on some of your more adventurous flights?

It would be interesting to see the UAV link on this pack. What is the reported life, capacity, est flight time/distance?

I think she is just tired Mate- cell one has seen better days.

Ok so your looking at 180 cycles on a battery- around 60 hours total flight time. That’s a very good performance. What sort of life % and mah capacity are you seeing at this level of use?

Not sure on the mah capacity but around 25% of life left.

I usually land at 20% and I checked the latest log. The bad cells has gone down a lot. Now one of the battery is showing 6 deviations and the other about 3 or 4. Bit confused by all of this. However the voltage was going into the red a lot at full power. And as battery was low I came in to land and it landed with 20% battery bleeping red, with the voltage also in red. Can't tell you how nerve racking that was lol. But didn't cycle it down to 8% but will do that on my next flight

I usually land at 20% and I checked the latest log. The bad cells has gone down a lot. Now one of the battery is showing 6 deviations and the other about 3 or 4. Bit confused by all of this. However the voltage was going into the red a lot at full power. And as battery was low I came in to land and it landed with 20% battery bleeping red, with the voltage also in red. Can't tell you how nerve racking that was lol. But didn't cycle it down to 8% but will do that on my next flight
I wouldn’t bother with the 8% routine.

What you might want to consider is temp. Try and get them above 20 deg C before flying. You can get away with lower obviously but you might find things go a bit better now they packs are getting a bit tired.

I wouldn’t bother with the 8% routine.

What you might want to consider is temp. Try and get them above 20 deg C before flying. You can get away with lower obviously but you might find things go a bit better now they packs are getting a bit tired.
To be honest I did fly at freezing temp. Something I never even thought off. Yesterday it was drizzling with rain, took it up and no issues apart from a few deviations on the cells. Around 3-4. I am starting to wonder if its my charger I use killing the cells off. I use a multi 5 in one charger. Where you can charge 4 batteries and a remote all at the same time

The charger used should not cause problem unless grossly over-amp'd or poor regulation. The Batterys board is designed to 'filter / control' the charge cycle.

Temp could have played a part ... remember - a battery like these : Its 4 separate chemical reaction containers joined together to give total reaction. No matter how strict the production line QC - no two containers will be same .....

Substitute CELL for CONTAINER ...... ok ?

It is also possible for one day results and next different ... could be state of charge ? Dirty contacts ? Humidity ? Temperature ?

My own view ... if a battery gives me warning ... I then mark the battery and keep close eye on it .... 99% of my warnings never appear again ... I use cautiously and after a reasonable number of successful flights - goes back into general use - still with mark on it though - so I know.

With my regulat RC ... I have a Red strike system. One red mark - means I've had a single event. Two red marks means relegated to safe unimportant duty. Three red marks - emergency bench use only. After that - its bin time.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94