Thin Black Ribbon Cable

I have zero problems with the stock plastic clamp, I can even do it one handed now. I decided to strengthen the cable at its weak point. The loop that hangs down. I coated it with PR-1750 A-2, a two-part, manganese dioxide cured polysulfide compound thinned down with acetone so I could paint it on. I was a little worried about using acetone on the cable but it seems to be holding up. We use it on helicopters for general sealing and corrosion protection.
We'll see how it holds up. So far so good. The replacement is totally doable. They should have these available as a spare part.

Try atkdrones.com they sell and replace cables.

RedBaron said:
Try atkdrones.com they sell and replace cables.
I took a gamble and a bought a crashed P2V+ from Craigslist - Atlanta. The ribbon cable was snapped clean into two pieces. I purchased a replacement cable from the above seller and must I add - it was a life saver. $85 may seem a bit over the top for some, but it kept me from buying a new gimbal for $700. I plan to lace the cable with Duck Tape as soon as the sun rises.

Another Trade Craft case problem, but they tell me that it is because of DJI requiring no contact with the gimbal, they are now going to make a a cradle. Waiting to hear form DJI as to what I do next I hope it is not a $700 camera

Hit the side of a house when wind hit. Crashed.
Gorilla tape on the ribbon cable worked great. No harm, no break.

I highly recommend supporting the cable with gorilla tape or something similar and strong. I put strips on all parts of it.

I wanted to follow up on my post from several months ago regarding my experience with DJI. I crashed my P2V+ hard into rocks on top of Pikes Peak. What caused the crash is mostly irrelevant - I crashed it. The gimbal separated and tore the ribbon. I sent the unit back to DJI/California and it arrived at their office August 11. I just now received the P2V+ back. So, over 2.5 months. That's the bad news. The good news is that they replaced the entire camera gimbal assembly NO CHARGE. I had a pretty bad gash on the camera from previous crashes but it never affected the video shots. Regardless, it's completely new now. Shortly after I shipped the unit back to DJI I purchased a new P2V+ because based on stories I've read it would be awhile before I got mine back. DJI did a really crappy job of keeping me posted while they were doing the repairs - not just bad but non-existent. I was starting to wonder if I got spammed and had sent the unit to a non-existent business. But, in the end, DJI came through. I didn't expect them to repair it for free. So, their customer service sucks but overall I'm super impressed with the P2V+, confident enough that I now own two. Also, one thing I'm impressed with is I crashed my first P2V+ routinely and nothing happened. I haven't crashed my new one (yet) after probably 50 flights as I'm a helluva lot more careful now. I think the most important thing I've learned to keep bad things from happening is enable the ATTI and Home Lock functions - they make it much easier to regain control when things go bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj