They took my Phantom 2 boarding a Disney Cruise

Seeing this kind of thing makes me nervous, what are the rules with respect to air travel? I wanted to take my P2 to the UK are there any restrictions?

That is a bummer. If it was the cruise line officials they probably took it because they did not want you flying it around the ship while underway. You'd have to be pretty gutsy, and good, to fly it away from the ship while underway but it would make for some beautiful footage. I bet they felt it would endanger other passengers.
I have taken mine on commercial aircraft without any problem.

A few comments about responses I have seen...
I did not post this in a fit of anger or to seek advice in seeking compensation, I did simply to spread some information about my experience. I took the P2 with me in hopes of using it, but mainly to see how easy it was to travel with. Like I said, I faced no issues at all in the airports or with air travel. I used a Go Professional case with wheels and took the P2 on with me as a carry on.

As others have stated, it is their boat/port and their rules. It is disappointing people have the misconceptions they do about UAV's, but they are out there. Phantoms becoming more popular is bittersweet as people will become more familiar with them and accepting, but new rules/regulations are sure to follow as misuse occurs.

Good info Thanks i was planning to take my Phantom on a Disney cruise in October guess not now after reading post!
I guess the more these things become popular we will see more restrictions come up.

If I were going on a cruise like that I think I'd contact the cruise line in advance. I'd explain that I want to use it at the destination, not on the ship, and offer to let them impound it until the ship reaches port. If you could get agreement in writing, you'd just have to show the response at boarding and probably see someone like the purser to hand it over. Worst case, they still say no, but at least you tried.

If I were going on a cruise like that I think I'd contact the cruise line in advance. I'd explain that I want to use it at the destination, not on the ship, and offer to let them impound it until the ship reaches port. If you could get agreement in writing, you'd just have to show the response at boarding and probably see someone like the purser to hand it over. Worst case, they still say no, but at least you tried.
This is a very reasonable thing to do. It's still at the cruise line's discretion and it may be difficult to get them to say yes since all luggage, checked or carryon, is x-rayed and they have a process for impounding banned items that would have to be circumvented during a very busy time for all crew on the ship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.