There is a new Waypoint App

I also bought the app. Due to bad weather no chance to test the app in real life.
Just wondering, if I disconnect wifi on my Ipad there is no map visible in Airnest. Doesn't cache the Ipad the map somewhere?
You should ask that question at the AirNest website in case they are no longer monitoring this thread.
They do say that you only need an internet connection once so the app can register with Dji. After that it should get the appropriate offline map from your device (assuming you have loaded offline maps) and the P3 GPS. My camera and map worked just like the GO app. Take it outside where the P3 can get a good GPS signal and try it.

Reactions: Boebe
Just did my first flight. (Mental note: bring gloves when it's cold) On the Ipad no map visible. I pre loaded my flying area in close detail, but nothing visible. With my Iphone on 4G no problem. The only thing I could not change was the imperial to metric settings. Go is in metric on my ios devices, and Airnest in imperial. Also on the Ipad there was no screen from the camera. Just a black screen.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448208843.412073.jpg

As you can see no map on the screen.

Just did my first flight. (Mental note: bring gloves when it's cold) On the Ipad no map visible. I pre loaded my flying area in close detail, but nothing visible. With my Iphone on 4G no problem. The only thing I could not change was the imperial to metric settings. Go is in metric on my ios devices, and Airnest in imperial. Also on the Ipad there was no screen from the camera. Just a black screen.View attachment 36373
As you can see no map on the screen.

When using Apple maps as our app does you do need to preload with an Internet connection but it can only cache so much, we cannot control this amount. You should test it prior to going out by going into airport mode and loading it up.

The camera feed issue does happen to a few people and we have a fix coming very soon. You can also change to metric by simply touching the altitude text at the top of the screen while connected. All values will then switch to metric.

Reactions: Boebe
When using Apple maps as our app does you do need to preload with an Internet connection but it can only cache so much, we cannot control this amount. You should test it prior to going out by going into airport mode and loading it up.

The camera feed issue does happen to a few people and we have a fix coming very soon. You can also change to metric by simply touching the altitude text at the top of the screen while connected. All values will then switch to metric.
Justin, if I use Path to fly over a hill in this rural area, I usually lose my signal there due to LOS. With Path, I set up my run and even if the bird loses RC signal, it will finish the path I drew then RTH?

Justin, if I use Path to fly over a hill in this rural area, I usually lose my signal there due to LOS. With Path, I set up my run and even if the bird loses RC signal, it will finish the path I drew then RTH?

That is correct so be sure to set your altitude high enough to clear all obstacles and that your RTH altitude(set in DJI GO) is also high enough as it will come straight back to you. That is unless you draw the return path.
Fly safe!

Reactions: TacAir42
That is correct so be sure to set your altitude high enough to clear all obstacles and that your RTH altitude(set in DJI GO) is also high enough as it will come straight back to you. That is unless you draw the return path.
Fly safe!

Thanks for the quick reply, I purchased the app and look forward to testing tomorrow. Maybe a future release can give some information as to the total distance of the fligh path lines that have been drawn. I notice the altitude is fixed at a maximum of 390 feet as well. I fly in very rural mountainous areas so this is a concern since 390' AGL could run me into a mountain in certain scenarios.

Thanks for the quick reply, I purchased the app and look forward to testing tomorrow. Maybe a future release can give some information as to the total distance of the fligh path lines that have been drawn. I notice the altitude is fixed at a maximum of 390 feet as well. I fly in very rural mountainous areas so this is a concern since 390' AGL could run me into a mountain in certain scenarios.

We are addressing both of these concerns in the next update! Stay tuned!

Reactions: TacAir42

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic