Theoretical fall/crash scenario.

Reaction score
Reading posts about CSC, and left stick down powering off in flight, etc, this scenario seems plausible, please correct me if I am wrong. It is a fact that if you execute a CSC in flight, your motors will shut down, and the bird will fall like a rock. If you hold left stick down, and you are on the ground, or hand catching, and the bird is stationary for a few seconds, again, the motors will shut down. So, let's say you have left stick all the way down, and you are still X distance from the ground, and there is an updraft that causes the bird to stop its decent and hold a neutral position for the time required for a motor shutdown. Crash, yes?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Interesting.. Does it use the pressure sensor to determine if the altitude has changed when down stick shut off, or the ground camera, or both. Would the pressure change in an updraft be stable enough for the requisite time for the motors to shut off? If you put your bird on a long stick to remove the ground sensor input, would it still shut off?

Reading posts about CSC, and left stick down powering off in flight, etc, this scenario seems plausible, please correct me if I am wrong. It is a fact that if you execute a CSC in flight, your motors will shut down, and the bird will fall like a rock. If you hold left stick down, and you are on the ground, or hand catching, and the bird is stationary for a few seconds, again, the motors will shut down. So, let's say you have left stick all the way down, and you are still X distance from the ground, and there is an updraft that causes the bird to stop its decent and hold a neutral position for the time required for a motor shutdown. Crash, yes?
Next time you hand catch, don't hold the Phantom perfectly still - let it move just a small amount while you hold the left stick down.
Even though the altitude isn't changing more than a centimetre, the Phantom won't stop until you do hold it still for long enough.
The barometer isn't sensitive enough to detect changes that small.
It's sensing movement with the gyro sensors.

You won't find an updraft that can hold the Phantom that still so the answer to the original question is no.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers