The Proper Manuals and Videos

Reaction score
I got a refurbished Phantom 4 a few weeks ago. I have been looking at the videos on the DJI site as well as on uTube. There's a lot out there. But some of it does not match what I have. For example, the videos on uTube and DJI walk one through the steps to calibrate the compass. I was familiar with that on my Hubsan. The Phantom videos steps you through the DJI Go 4 app. But here's the rub. The video shows one starting with "Camera" as a first step. My app did not do that. The videos step you through how to calibrate the compass. It turns out that my Phantom 4 does NOT need to be calibrated all the time. I chatted the other day with a DJI technician and he confirmed that the compass did not need to be calibrated all of the time. Which leads me to my bigger question.

How does one ensure that they have the right videos and manuals specifically for their make, model, and version?

Thanks in advance.

While there are 3 different Phantom 4 models, the features available in DJI GO are pretty similar. Most YouTubers don't make videos for each specific Phantom 4 model. So, you'll need to ignore any parts that don't apply to your Phantom.

The Phantom 4 manual and other documentation can be downloaded from the Phantom 4 downloads page.

While there are 3 different Phantom 4 models, the features available in DJI GO are pretty similar. Most YouTubers don't make videos for each specific Phantom 4 model. So, you'll need to ignore any parts that don't apply to your Phantom.

The Phantom 4 manual and other documentation can be downloaded from the Phantom 4 downloads page.
Thanks. You're in Harrisburg PA? I'm in Spring Grove (near York)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews