The Plus is now on Amazon for $1999.00

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 8.50.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 8.50.44 AM.png
    342.5 KB · Views: 1,170
Wow so $1000 more than the H3-3D which means it's $500 less than an h3-3d with lightbridge. I'd rather go with that considering its range and the video quality of the gopro is better than the vision+.

Ksc said:
Wow so $1000 more than the H3-3D which means it's $500 less than an h3-3d with lightbridge. I'd rather go with that considering its range and the video quality of the gopro is better than the vision+.

Seeing as we don't know the camera specs of the Plus how can you make assertions about video quality... :?:

Please either quote facts or reword your post to indicate you are posting an (uniformed) opinion... :!:

Remember this comes with a camera that may out spec the GoPro and it also won't need any FPV, iOSD, or GS hardware. Looks like a pretty good price if the camera is worth a darn. I saw one spec that said it was capeable of 24MP pictures and 4k@30fps, we'll see if that's true - I still like my P2 anyways!
Two things I didn't like about the original vision are that it didn't have a gimbal and control was with a shorter range 5.8. Now its got the gimbal going for it, and I've also seen posts of people going as far as the P2 with it. Starting to look like a pretty nice all in one package.

Seahorse said:
Seeing as we don't know the camera specs of the Plus how can you make assertions about video quality... :?:

Please either quote facts or reword your post to indicate you are posting an (uniformed) opinion... :!:

did you not click the link?????? if you had you would have noticed this little line in the product description: "With its 3-axis gimbal supporting an all new custom 1080p video camera with Wi-Fi first-person-view (FPV) on your iOS or Android device, you'll be creating super smooth cinema-quality videos in minutes"

Stats on a gopro black from their website: "High-resolution, high-frame rate 1440p48, 1080p60, 960p100 and 720p120 video modes result in professional quality footage and allow for liquid-smooth slow motion playback. 4Kp15 and 2.7Kp30 enable ultra high-resolution, cinema quality capture."

I think the majority of current phantom users already have a gopro so the need to purchase one is not necessary. Vision users might not have the gopro and so this would fall in line for them. If you buy the light bridge, your FPV/iosd is all in one and using your tablet like you would with the vision.

All the new P2 and Vision tx have usb ports.

I don't have to it still has a total lack of detail which you have just posted again like there a fact in there somewhere. There's no frame rate, modes listed aperture or anything else that might confirm it's the same as an FC200 in a difference case or something else. Another clue is the shipping weight quoted is 1 pounds, so seeing as the current Vision is shipping at 9 pounds, the new camera must be made out of air, or perhaps they filled the shell with Helium?

That's an Amazon place-holder page for vapour-ware with virtually no fact. Just like both your posts... :oops:

I want to see what DJI put on their website before I start talking about features, cost, etc. Until it appears there, it is vaporware.

BTW - somebody noted the USB on the TX bottom in the amazon photo. My P2V that I got last week has a micro USB on its base.

Seahorse said:
I don't have to it still has a total lack of detail which you have just posted again like there a fact in there somewhere. There's no frame rate, modes listed aperture or anything else that might confirm it's the same as an FC200 in a difference case or something else. Another clue is the shipping weight quoted is 1 pounds, so seeing as the current Vision is shipping at 9 pounds, the new camera must be made out of air, or perhaps they filled the shell with Helium?

That's an Amazon place-holder page for vapour-ware with virtually no fact. Just like both your posts... :oops:

this whole thread is based off this amazon place holder. If you want to talk about the "facts" you apparently know and have read, start a new thread on it. That is what a forum is about. Perhaps forums work differently in your village.

I see what looks like a little white GCU or other control unit between the dampening plates on that gimbal...my guess is that it might come with a Phantom-ized version of the Lightbridge setup. The teaser price would make a little more sense that way.

Geert said:
This new PV will stand or fall with the specs of the camera and the gimbal of course.
All the rest will be more or less the same.

Geert.

yup!

And maybe after a month they will give a 2nd battery for free! :D

My guess is that this price will be adjusted once DJI makes the official release.... $1999 does seem way too high!

SilentAV8R said:
Ozzyguy said:
Interesting that's this product isn't up on the DJI site. Must be put together by a third party.

It ain't real in my eyes until I see it and a price on the DJI website. Everything else is rumor and speculation until then.
+1.

jondrew said:
SilentAV8R said:
It's real now, and $1,299 to boot. I feel like the President of the Chump Club. My 9 day old P2V is now a $1,300 paperweight. :cry:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus

Dont suppose you bought it on amazon? You could return it.

Even still, if you feel you got hosed, ebay or craigslist it.

Nope, bought it from a DJI authorized dealer whom I specifically asked if there was anything in the pike coming out soon. 3 or 4 months I might feel different, but 9 days is a harsh burn.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl