The naza m v2 assistant HELP ME! PLEASE

Reaction score
Hey yo

got the dji fc40 for christmas and am loving hovering about. Iv fitted my go pro and although it's a bit shaky when doing some movements, I can get some smooth shots without the gimbal thing everyones doing. Thats my next step though and I've seen on ebay a few for cheap. Thats not what I want to know though!

It's been snowing here in england and like a trump, i couldnt resist taking it out. The gps chip thing on the leg of it has been covered in snow a few times which I'm quite worried about. Ive never plugged it into the computer but today I downloaded it and on the section that says tools, the gyroscope seems fine, so does the acceleration BUT the compass says it's X value is around -130. I'm guessing that the gps chip thing is what gives the compass reading and I'm wondering why its so high. On a tutorial on youtube the guy said it should be round 15 or -15 (i cant remember) either way its a lot different to my reading.

Can someone help as now I'm scared to take it out.
Also if someone could link me to prop guards to fit the FC40 that would be great, I dunno if the phantom 1 or 2 ones will fit and I JUST NEED HELP :)

Thanks

Wilvid pittenborough, naturist voyeur
x

Hi quick reply, first the unit attached to the leg is the compass not the GPS. Second I purchased my prop guards from RCGEEKS along with the FC40 but you can find them on Amazon & eBay. As far as I know there is no difference in models regarding Prop Guards. I will look at my readings tomorrow for Compass and respond.

Thankyou, thats all great info.
Please do let me know as I think it's so off because it got wet. I hope thats not the case and I hope it can be easily put right

On the tools page, there is a little question mark just above the Gyroscope Mod Box, hover your mouse over it and it will pop up a page of information about what the values should be.

I believe it says the first three values on the compass readings can be -500 - +500 in the assistant. I've been told that anything between -300 - +300 is more ideal, so you're fine. One of my values is also over 100. The fourth value should be anything between 750 - 2250. So don't worry.

The FC40 uses a Phantom 1. So Phantom 1 Prop-Guards should fit :)

Hi Willvid pittenborough just check my compass values, with battery door facing roughly South X=-60; Y=36; Z=234 (Mod=1780) : with battery door facing roughly East X=142; Y=-203; Z=171 (Mod=1585) Hope this of interest / help ?

Mod=1780 is with in range You want to have it with in the 1500s and 1800s range. But on mine if I have it siting on the floor or my desk top its usually pretty high and in the 1780s but if I pick it up and raise it off the floor its usually just shy or just over 1600 ish.

Even if yours is a lil bit off at 1780 it will still fly pretty good and just might drift a bit if hovering or if you try yawing while hovering it might try to tolet bowl or move to the side about 1 to 2 meters. But if you can do a compass dance and get the compass mod values down to the upper 1500 - 1600s is should over rock steady and not try to move much if you try to turn it while hovering. The manual shows how to calibrate the compass. AKA do the compass dance. to do the compass dance you flic the s1 switch about 6-10 times back and forth till you see the light in the back come on to a solid amber color. then turn the phantom in a full circle on its horizontal plain till you see the light turn green. then point the nose down and spin it around in a circle again till the light gos green and flashes. Or you can hold it and spin your whole self around in a circle while holding on to the legs. with it horizontal. Then point it down and hold it by the bottom of the legs and spin around once more. and thats the way that is usually referred to as the compass dance. But here is a good video done by Simon aka pullup here on the board. The video is On calibrating the compass as well as some of the whys and whens and all that stuff. Simon has a lot of videos and a lot of experience with these phantoms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCe0GR8MTX0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie