The most difficult part of flying

My crystal sky (or whatever it is) on my P4P+ RC is doing just fine in the bright sunlight. It is incomparable to other tab or phone displays which I used before with P3A. I couldn't see almost nothing then. The hood display is OK but it's almost impossible to have one eye on the sky and the other on the display.

I too, like my CrystalSky. One word of warning. If you plan to use any of the autonomous flight apps for mapping, ie: PrecisionFlight, DroneDeploy, Pix4D... I have been unable use them with the CrystalSky.

The South African sun is strong and bright. Our P4P+ screen is excellent and significantly brighter than a smart phone or mini tablet. Sometimes we provide a bit of shade by our own bodies or moving to one side of the Land Rover, but it usually isn't necessary. I'm watching the built-in Plus screen almost all of the time during a flight, mainly for filming/composition purposes, whilst my wife/colleague does the visual spotting, so your eyes adjust. We've never needed a hood.

If we ever switch to another drone in the future - which would need to have interchangeable lenses, because otherwise the P4P+ is an amazing tool - I hope DJI will still offer a built-in screen option as we wouldn't want to be without it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj