The most difficult part of flying

Reaction score
Is seeing my darn screen! I have tried my Samsung Galaxy 8+ and my eight inch Android tablet. Both function perfectly but I just can't see the screens. I live in Yuma, Arizona which the record books say is the sunniest place on Earth, and there is no such thing as a shady day. I need something super bright!

Any suggestions as to the brightest 'device' I can buy to help with this?

Thanks to all

Sounds like you need a hood for the tablet and they are really low priced... see Amazon.com for them...Plus a really s i m p l e deal is to wear a dark shirt...That might be tuff to do in the summers heat where you live.
My Samsung tab has a " outdoor " mode for the brightness and that helps with the use of the hood ! ....check to see if you have that option on your tablet...Good Luck Kevfra * And Welcome to the best drone forum on the net !

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_17?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=tablet+hood&sprefix=hoods+for+tablets,aps,1802&crid=2VXGXMG1IGI79

Last edited:
Is seeing my darn screen! I have tried my Samsung Galaxy 8+ and my eight inch Android tablet. Both function perfectly but I just can't see the screens. I live in Yuma, Arizona which the record books say is the sunniest place on Earth, and there is no such thing as a shady day. I need something super bright!

Thanks to all
Look into the "hoodman" kit. It's a sun shade with an optional extender you stick your face into. Works great. In the meantime, wear a hat and dark clothing. Also try setting your tablet to auto adjust for screen brightness.

Lastly, the DJI Crsystal Sky is designed for use in bright sunlight, but expensive.

Thanks to all
You can buy stuff like this belive it or not, might look silly but probly work very good and keep sun off your head,,you could even make this product yourself, get umbrella,,chop it and secure to a hat ,easy,,
20181225_104849.jpg

Thanks to all
I live in the California High Desert and use a Galaxy S8+. I too, feel your pain.

I have had the same problem until I bought a matt screen saver off eBay for my iPad. Has helped massively and much less cumbersome that the hood I tried. Cheap too! [emoji1305]

Crystal Sky on my p4p and my p4p+ came with a monitor... both excellent
!

Even my P4P+ built in monitor at it's highest brightness setting will get washed out on a sunny day. I did buy the Velcro fastened sun shade for it but it's a pain in the butt to see with sometimes. I always fly in line of sight and usually am looking at the bird anyway. The time I need top see the monitor is mostly for the video settings and to make sure I'm recording and not on pause. I really like ianzone's umbrella hat idea and I'm way past the point of giving a care what it might look like.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you Buy a Crystal sky....you might be having "Ramien Noodles" for quite a while ! 3 times a day in fact ....gee it might be worth it to see the screen in direct sunlight !

ianzones umbrella deal....would really work best IF it was attached right over the tablet...not the head !

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I have had the same problem until I bought a matt screen saver off eBay for my iPad. Has helped massively and much less cumbersome that the hood I tried. Cheap too! [emoji1305]
I usually do not fly during the day because of the glare.U r saying that u can see the drone with a Matt screen saver. What brand name did u get. I am looking for one for my iPad mini4.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav