The dreaded horizon tilt

The same thing happened to me after replacing the camera and gimble. I was told to recalibrate the IMU. I did that on Friday, but it was too windy all weekend to fly and see if it took care of it. I may have a chance today. I'll let you know if recalibrating fixed it.

I had the same thing happening to me last week. Twice I had to re-calibrate the camera gimble and both times it fixed the problem. I did not re-calibrate the IMU.

We have all had this from day one. its a design flaw that they either can not or will not fix. Kind of pathetic as most shots (video) are tilted making the video look juvenile to say the least.

Due North,
Interesting,
Definitely worth a try,
Thank you.
Make sure to chill the drone down real good before the IMU calibration. In the fridge or right in front of an air conditioner.
Place the battery in, turn it on and begin the calibration immediately. Do the gimbal cal., right after.
This cold calibration had helped many others. It also reduces initial startup warmup times.

RedHotPoker

Ok..I said here or another post that I had the same problem. I did IMU calibration and didn't fix it. I then did a gimbal calibration about an hour ago and it straightened it right out :cool:

Reactions: Reed L
Owned both the P3 and Inspire and both have had this issue since day 1. Tried every conceivable method going! It's a flaw and as always dji burry their heads.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Here's what worked for me:

Horizon off alittle...

I don't know whether it was leveling based on the props, facing it north, or what but mine is pretty level now at least to the point that you wouldn't be inclined to fix it in post. It still seems to only be accurate to about 0.5 degrees at worst: noticeable but just barely in most cases.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl