The best tablet for my P4P?

Reaction score
I was told Apple iPad is good. I need a tablet that doesn't reflect sun light. Up to $500. Also must shoot good Videos and Pics. Around 9.6 inch.

1. All screens reflect sunlight, it all depends on the NITS (Screen Brightness). The highest screen brightness is the Crystalsky but that is out of your price range. So any of the other tablets will work fine with a hood. The rest all depends on where you like IOS or Android.
2. The tablet does not shoot the video. It does not even record the video or the stills. All of that is recorded and stored on the SD card that is located in the Phantom itself.

And some of us here......even without the tablet on the Dji recommended list.....still have a great tablet that works great and I am one of them....My SAMSUNG tablet is a android tab A 8' model....you even can go in the tablets "developer mode" and turn things off and Even make it work better...But that's a whole other story ! My tablet was on sale for $120.00 !

1. All screens reflect sunlight, it all depends on the NITS (Screen Brightness). The highest screen brightness is the Crystalsky but that is out of your price range. So any of the other tablets will work fine with a hood. The rest all depends on where you like IOS or Android.
2. The tablet does not shoot the video. It does not even record the video or the stills. All of that is recorded and stored on the SD card that is located in the Phantom itself.

Well my little cell phone records the flights so why not the Tablet. ? I have an app called the Gallery and it shows all my flights. Try it out?

Reactions: Phil4u
Well my little cell phone records the flights so why not the Tablet. ? I have an app called the Gallery and it shows all my flights. Try it out?
What your cellphone records is the low resolution cache that is being recorded on the Phantom. It’s a feature of the DJI GO app.

Started with an Android tab, thought I was satisfied. Had to borrow my wife's iPad one day and the difference was considerable. Much fast response. Bought an iPad mini 3 and was quite pleased. Have since moved up to a Crystal Sky and will never look back though.

Or the best Android flying tablets are the Huawei M3 & M5
I have a Huawei M3 as a dedicated flight platform. Nothing installed other than dji go. I am very happy with it. No green screen. No pixelation. Great battery life. Someday I'm going to root it and free up some more RAM. But stock it is a performer so I am not that motivated.

Reactions: SimonH78
I have a Huawei M3 as a dedicated flight platform. Nothing installed other than dji go. I am very happy with it. No green screen. No pixelation. Great battery life. Someday I'm going to root it and free up some more RAM. But stock it is a performer so I am not that motivated.
Same here I have the 10" M3 - a superb tablet...

Rather than buy a NEW iPad, I decided to purchase a refurbished one directly from the Apple website. Can't recall exactly what I had paid, but the difference between new and refurbished was significant enough for me to buy. Packaged like new, looks and acts brand new, and comes with the same warranty as new. I'd recommend going that route if anyone wants to save some money on an iPad. The list of refurbished models Apple has for sale is constantly updated. Just be aware of the original release year (which they list) when considering a model.

Last edited:
Same here I have the 10" M3 - a superb tablet...
I forgot to mention the huawei m3 has 4 GB of ram running at 2.3GHz on an octa-core processor. It has LTE unlocked option (you can get it for around $200 without this.) A stunning 2560x1600 pixel screen. It's android, so you have an external sd card slot. Got mine on ebay - new for under $300. For that price, or even at a hundred more, nothing compares. Before you buy something simply for the label: look at the specs of those more expensive tablets recommended in this thread -- twice the price with half the performance.

Instead of spending $500 on a tablet, get a DJI Crystal Sky.
CS has 3rd party app limitations, so you need to make sure those limitations won't affect your use case. It's also much heavier than a normal tablet. However it is supposed to have the ability to play a 4K resolution video straight from your craft camera to a 4K TV via HDMI. I haven't seen this work yet, but I'm told it works. Since the CS is self powered, you can remove it from the RC and use it as a video player. I'm interested to see how this media player works.

And some of us here......even without the tablet on the Dji recommended list.....still have a great tablet that works great and I am one of them....My SAMSUNG tablet is a android tab A 8' model....you even can go in the tablets "developer mode" and turn things off and Even make it work better...But that's a whole other story ! My tablet was on sale for $120.00 !
Please tell us what you did in "developer mode" to make you table faster. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4